Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up this piece at a thrift store. Need ideas on incorporating it into a costume. I don't even know what it is. Looks like some sort of vintage sailor/diner lady outfit? Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
It definitely has a 1920s-30's era vibe to it. Look for 1920's accessories to go with it. Maybe a sun hat from that era, a pearl necklace and earrings and some square heeled shoes, or sandals. Or you could maybe do a more updated version of Harley Quinn.

·
Registered
13,763 Posts
What does the label say? It looks like it was made not that long ago given the label's condition. Maybe someone sewed it for a play or something. With the dropped pleated waist kind of reminds me of something from the past but can't really put my finger on it. Maybe a style from the 1920s? Maybe wear a cloche hat with it, although probably hard to find. Kind of does look like uniform type thing. Are those box pleats?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What does the label say? It looks like it was made not that long ago given the label's condition. Maybe someone sewed it for a play or something. With the dropped pleated waist kind of reminds me of something from the past but can't really put my finger on it. Maybe a style from the 1920s? Maybe wear a cloche hat with it, although probably hard to find. Kind of does look like uniform type thing. Are those box pleats?
Oh yeah, it's totally for play. It's a costume supposed to be replicating a vintage look. I just don't know what. It says "Roma Hollywood" which seems to be a costume store in CA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts