Halloween Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
making my bloody valentine costume, anyone know where i could find a rubber or non steel pick axe head? or the whole pick axe? or ideas on how to make one? thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any chance to please get different angle pictures of this? if i like the angles of the pictures then it would be something i would purchase... also the correct measurements of this as well, this really really seems like something i would purchase, thanks!

·
Registered
491 Posts
If you want to make one, you could go to Home Depot or Lowes and pick up the wood handle, then go to Michaels craft store and pick up some "Fun Foam" and cut out the shape of the blade or head (two of them) then hot glue them back to back over the handle end. If you get black fun foam then dry brush the edges with silver paint to make it look like it's been sharpened. You can even trim the edges to a point. When I was a dancer a disney I had to be a "lumberjack" for a parade and this what they built for us. Totally safe! Just wood & foam.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm actually looking for a prop pick axe myself. I thought about casting and molding one out of expanding foam or similar, but I've never really done it before.

Have you seen the prop weapons from Screamline Studios? Their Meat Mangler line is nice, but NEEDS a pick axe! I actually sent them an email the other day with the suggestion. I'll pass along their response if I get one.

-Fetch-

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you want to make one, you could go to Home Depot or Lowes and pick up the wood handle, then go to Michaels craft store and pick up some "Fun Foam" and cut out the shape of the blade or head (two of them) then hot glue them back to back over the handle end. If you get black fun foam then dry brush the edges with silver paint to make it look like it's been sharpened. You can even trim the edges to a point. When I was a dancer a disney I had to be a "lumberjack" for a parade and this what they built for us. Totally safe! Just wood & foam.
hmm, i could give this a try, seems like something i could do, i make and re-create costumes all the time, so weapon re-creating shouldn't be too hard, thanks again

·
Registered
20 Posts
I sent an email to Screamline Studios to see if they had thought about adding a pick axe to their Meat Mangler line of weapons. Here's the response from Steve:

"Thanks for the inquiry. As a matter fact we have and we plan on adding it to the line. We are not sure if it will be done in time for October. We are also adding a standard claw hammer and perhaps one other weapon. When they are done and ready for sale they will be on the website/webstore."

-Fetch-

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just came

My pick-axe from Screamline Studios just arrived via UPS and is amazing !!! The box looked like a cross and the kids and I opened it up in the kitchen table, freaking looks tight !!!. The hard foam head piece looks so real and the scaring, blood, tape, the intricate details are amazing. Well worth the money. I would take pictures but I can't find my camera, once I find it I will post some pics.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts