Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An often overlooked part of preparing for Halloween is being prepared to preserve the memories by taking great pictures. Night photography can often be a so I'm posting some links to articles for those who are interested in improving the quality of their Halloween pictures. Hopefully we have some skilled photographers, professional or hobbyist, among our forum members who will share helpful tips as well.

NYIP - Halloween Pictures | Holloween Photos | Holloween Photography | NYIP

How to take digital photos at night | DigicamGuides.com

How to take AWESOME night photos WITHOUT a tripod

·
Registered
807 Posts
Thanks for posting this! I especially liked the first article. Yes, the trick is a tripod and a camera with a fully manual mode (an slr) really helps.

I hope to get some great shots this year!

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
Thanks for posting these good photo tips. I had never pondered the ins and outs of photograpy for Halloween, so maybe I will actually take some photos worth saving this year.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Great idea posting these. I spend ages messing with my camera settings to make sure it's just right! And I know some people really struggle to get it perfect. I'm sure this will help everyone.

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm glad you found this thread helpful. I probably need the most help of all....can't afford to mess up the pictures of my one and only grandson.

·
Ubzest
1,249 Posts
I hope you don t mind my 2 cents here, But what irritates me is trying to watch someones video of their haunt and all you see is blackness! Its best to take video at dusk or with some lighting or night vision if its inside. don t you agree.

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I totally agree. But I also believe that people do the best they can with what they have. Sometimes that means they just don't have the information needed to shoot the quality of video desired. Learning to "paint with light" and plan an approach to making that video or taking those pictures is an important factor in getting the shots you want. Quality photos and video shot in the dark are much more dramatic in my opinion. However, there are some situations where it is more practical to take shots at dusk. Knowing when and why to make that decision is key. I hope this thread stays active and we get some really good suggestions. I'm a novice, but my hubby and I hope to take some photography classes this winter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts