Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Funeral Crasher
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just today I was overjoyed to find that the Photobucket image hosting site has returned my pictures to all of my tutorials and posts on this forum.
Two or three years ago, they DECIDED that allowing users to post their own pics to a third party web site (like this forum) for free was causing them to lose business and abruptly turned off that function, only allowing that feature if you paid roughly $20 a month for that service. This made all of the images I had posted over 11 years to just disappear, with no warning.

But just today I found all (or mostly all) of my pics have returned, but with a "PhotoBucket" watermark on them, which is fine with me as long as they are back.
All my videos are still gone, but I'm trying to replenish those over time.

Does anybody here know when they had a change of heart and put users pictures back? I'm glad they did, but I'm hoping this is permanent and not a fluke.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, it was a surprise to me.
I was about to start the daunting task of trying to replace all of the pics in each of my threads one by one. This will save me quite a bit of time.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,828 Posts
WOW. I guess they realized they weren't the only option out there and likely hurt their site more than helped... but it may still be too late as I know most folks stopped using them if they had a choice and/or just migrated away as soon as they could.

At least that bodes well for Halloween Forum's overall archives! I am so happy that many of our posts will now make sense again and have the wonderful photos put back where they belong. :D

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,496 Posts
When they announced that they would no longer allow third party pic sharing and that they were going to charge for use of their service, I deleted all of my pics and moved them to files on my computer, then closed out my account. F 'em! Now they're hurting so they're trying to woo back customers/users. I had brief thoughts about going back to them to share photos here and on other forums but i'm not paying for it, nor do I want their silly watermark. If they made it free again I'd consider it but all of pics here are lost and I wouldn't take time to go back and reload them.

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
Wow. I know I had a few threads from way back when that probably sprung back to life.

Google Pics started to get persnickety with letting things appear about a year ago as well. I now host my own pics. Still a learning curve on that, but I know it's my lack of understanding/coding now, and I can fix it, not some policy change.

·
Registered
186 Posts
It's all changing again as of June 1st. Anything over what they offer for their free plan will be blurred and watermarked. I've received several "URGENT" emails from Photobucket urging me to choose a plan since I'm well over their free 250 photo storage limit - this will decrease to 200 pics on 6/1/19.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Dave I remember talking to you about that when it was going on. Yes Dave it's me sure loved your Xmas card last year. That picture of all of you was great. Enjoyed your letter too. Ok Dave same old story slightly revised for 2019, gonna try and get it all up. In case ya have not seen latest news had 2 strokes in a row spent 3 days in ICU at Forsyth Hospital this last July.....lucky to still be okay! Miss you guys! I'm so happy to see you!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts