Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried doing a search but didn't come up with much. I found a few good ones on Pinterest. But wanted to see what some of the forum members came up with.

·
Registered
285 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
We had a portrait wall in our Haunted Masquerade party for 2014. Here are some photos...

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They look great. Thanks for the inspiration. I have a couple ideas for party games I will hopefully be starting soon.

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
This was our interactive photo op for our Brain Clinic last year (by the number of extra suckers handed out for participation about 100 sat down and many took photos with their cellphones, kids wore the second Hat and when the Doctor threw the switch the hats made an electrical buzzing noise and had flashing lights):

Since the photo op area was such a big hit, this is the idea I have for this year's Monster Movie Drive-In theme. Bought the costume hand already and will make a stand with some extra forearm gorilla material to cover the armature supporting everything. Idea is the kids will stand so it looks like Kong has grabbed them. Figure younger kids can stand in front of a taller friend who is "in the grip of the hand" and suggest they pose like they are trying to free their friend. Should make for a nice group photo too. At least hope so!

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
I really like the idea of a photo op. So many kids carry cellphones with cameras these days or their parents who accompany the younger ones do too. Really nice way to have a memory of your ToTing and your costume years later. And so many clever ways to incorporate a photo op in your haunt. Hubby said he thought no one would want to take the time to do this but went along with it and was surprised by how popular it was.

If you set one up a photo op outside, I recommend making sure you have sufficient light for picture taking without needing to have the flash come on. It can still be on the dim side but not so dim as to trigger the flash. Flashes do wipe out the eeriness of the setting. You can't see from our gorilla photo but the cord in the photo went to a hanging lamp at the overhand soffit area above the two chairs so we could light the area.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
The entire exterior of The Ravens Grin Inn is a "Photo-OP"
Cars smashed into the house, cars exploding from the house (2nd floor), a crashed UFO on the roof of the cupola 60 feet high in the air, a life-sized Pterodactyl skeleton on the side of the house (23 ft wing span10 ft tall), a metal submarine coming up out of the yard(some have actually thought it was a real Submarine!, Numerous other sculptures made of steel, and then the house itself is an 1870 Italianate with the fancy brackets under the eves featuring a "Spooked" Victorian paint scheme, flat black first story getting grey as it goes upward,(So it may seem to be "Floating"!) with those small details all accented with bright colors.
When I was putting the first outside decoration on the house,the pterodactyl. a local businessman told me i was "Giving away" too much of the house. Nobody realized I was also doing a whole lot of work on the inside, I guess?
I told a few people that the Pterodactyl would be "The most Photographed "Face" in this county!
(I think it is!)

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,164 Posts
There are some wonderful and elaborate photo-ops here....thanks to all for sharing them!

For what it's worth, below are our last two years. They are humble, but effective for quick snaps for the parents of ToTs to get the kids in and out:

Halloween 2014 (Skeleton Theme Yard Display):

Photo Op Me.jpg

Halloween 2015 (Pumpkin Theme Yard Display):

Starred (13).jpg

·
Registered
344 Posts
The entire exterior of The Ravens Grin Inn is a "Photo-OP"
Cars smashed into the house, cars exploding from the house (2nd floor), a crashed UFO on the roof of the cupola 60 feet high in the air, a life-sized Pterodactyl skeleton on the side of the house (23 ft wing span10 ft tall), a metal submarine coming up out of the yard(some have actually thought it was a real Submarine!, Numerous other sculptures made of steel, and then the house itself is an 1870 Italianate with the fancy brackets under the eves featuring a "Spooked" Victorian paint scheme, flat black first story getting grey as it goes upward,(So it may seem to be "Floating"!) with those small details all accented with bright colors.
When I was putting the first outside decoration on the house,the pterodactyl. a local businessman told me i was "Giving away" too much of the house. Nobody realized I was also doing a whole lot of work on the inside, I guess?
I told a few people that the Pterodactyl would be "The most Photographed "Face" in this county!
(I think it is!)
I so want to visit your place! It sounds amazing!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts