Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you created any photo ops and incorporated scare props?

we had folks taking pictures with some of our static props (crypts, Corpses, mausoleum), so I wanted to build something specifically for photo ops.
I’ve seen the electric chairs that vibrate/flash when unsuspecting ToTs sit down.

Other than a vibrating voodoo throne, I’m at a loss.

what are some other ideas for our voodoo theme next year?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could build a plywood or fabric sheet voodoo painted mural with holes to stick their heads through for the picture....Like their heads sticking up out of a cauldron or their heads on a tribe man/woman....Something funny usually....ZR
nice!what kind of scare with it though?

·
Registered
36 Posts
How about snakes that drop down on them? Have them be part of overhead voodoo scenery then drop with a motion sensor when the victims take their places for the picture?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Misunderstood what you wanted....Thought you just wanted a photo op....If you want a scare photo op...The first thing that comes to mind is one year I was going to build an arcade game scare for my haunt because at the time I was buying arcades, fixing them and putting them in locations to make extra money...I had a deal for 3 Operation Wolf arcade cabinets that had enough parts between them to make one complete working unit....After that I was going to take the worst shape cab to turn into a scare cabinet since the gun had a conrtact switch built in to the trigger....I figured I'd take the monitor out and build a little graveyard scene with a skeleton with a target on it people could aim the gun and shoot but all they were really doing is triggering a boobox for a pneumatic monster that would shoot up through the fake cemetery/skeleton and be face to face at them directly through the glass...The built in arcade speakers would play the sound effect....You could also do an air blast instead or whatever for the scare really - horn, etc....I'd give the arcade a voodoo theme since that's your theme....Could mount the camera inside the glass or even above it on the wall or where ever works....ZR

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Misunderstood what you wanted....Thought you just wanted a photo op....If you want a scare photo op...The first thing that comes to mind is one year I was going to build an arcade game scare for my haunt because at the time I was buying arcades, fixing them and putting them in locations to make extra money...I had a deal for 3 Operation Wolf arcade cabinets that had enough parts between them to make one complete working unit....After that I was going to take the worst shape cab to turn into a scare cabinet since the gun had a conrtact switch built in to the trigger....I figured I'd take the monitor out and build a little graveyard scene with a skeleton with a target on it people could aim the gun and shoot but all they were really doing is triggering a boobox for a pneumatic monster that would shoot up through the fake cemetery/skeleton and be face to face at them directly through the glass...The built in arcade speakers would play the sound effect....You could also do an air blast instead or whatever for the scare really - horn, etc....I'd give the arcade a voodoo theme since that's your theme....Could mount the camera inside the glass or even above it on the wall or where ever works....ZR
Two way mirror?
I understand. Have them focused on a point then boom! Love it.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Two way mirror?
I understand. Have them focused on a point then boom! Love it.
Yeah that was exactly my idea...They'd be so focused trying to aim at the target, they wouldn't realize it was a trick until they squeezed the trigger/set off the scare until it was staring at them in the face behind the glass....ZR

·
Registered
136 Posts
It seems like any scare would work, and the trick is triggering. You might be able to detect a camera flash and trigger that way, but the picture would then not be of them being scared... but maybe you have your own camera set up to capture that one?

How about the possibility of a ghost photobomb? If you have a projector and can trigger quickly might be able make a ghost appear in the image? Maybe not a scare when the picture is taken, but spooky later?

·
Registered
29 Posts
It seems like any scare would work, and the trick is triggering. You might be able to detect a camera flash and trigger that way, but the picture would then not be of them being scared.
Today's cameras all have delayed timers, and also permit for a series of photos to be taken in rapid succession. Perhaps with a combination of the delayed timer, plus the rapid sequence function.

I wonder if there are any apps out there, that would facilitate this process, and make it hassle-free. It would provide the opportunity to print the picture for for the guest, for a fee.

-Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts