Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me? I created a photo album (which I have since deleted out of frustration) and I can't figure out how to add pictures. I successfully uploaded them from the computer but they don't show up in the album. Am I missing a step or something?? Please help me

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Hey Phantasm!

You aren't alone in this. It's a little weird. I should probably make up a tutorial with some screenshots.

So you create a new album, name it and add a description. Click "save changes" and that will take you to the album page.

Then click the "Upload Photos" button. That will pop up a new window where you can select images from your computer, or from another website. Once you've selected those (you can do up to 5 at a time) click the "Upload" button on the right hand side. There's a separate button depending on whether you're uploading from your computer or the web so just make sure you click the right one.

Once that's done, click the "close this window" button at the top right. That will...surprise...close that window.

This *I think* is where trouble begins. You should now see another window that shows you the current photos in the album (if you have any) as well as pending photos - the ones you just uploaded. You have to click the "Save Changes" button on that screen before they're safely in your album. If you don't do that, the photos will just vanish.

There's also a limit to the size of photos you can upload. I think there's server-side software that will try to downsample them, but if the photos are really large, I think the server can choke. I usually try to downsize my photos to about 800 pixels before I upload them and everything seems to go a lot smoother.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Yep, what GobbyGruesome said. I have found that when you are in the upload window (where you select up to 5 images), there is a delay while the images are uploaded and then posted to the album page. Sometimes it takes a while for me. You can tell it's done when you see your album page list the images vertically down the side. This step gives you a chance before you hit save to add a name to your photo (in my shopping albums I will format mine as "BIG LOTS, 2014" for example) and then you can add a description for the photo. As GobbyG said most important step is to then scroll to the bottom and Save the input to the album.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,034 Posts
Awesome, Gobby. It's always so difficult to try to explain this to people...your pictures in your blog will hopefully help others much easier! I wish your explanation could be posted permanently somewhere on the forum for all to see!

Just don't forget, folks, like Gobby said above, if your photos are too big, they won't upload. You can either go into your computer and resize them first, which is what I always do when posting anywhere on the forum...or you will have to try only uploading one picture at a time, rather than the whole five that it allows. This seems to be another issue I see very often with people.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! All of your comments were very helpful and I REALLY appreciate the tutorial, Gobby! And you are right, its the "save changes" bit that got me! I'm trying it again now and hopefully it goes smoothly!!

…Nope. Now when I create an album it automatically says that I have followed an invalid link?? Sigh…

·
2,305 Posts
I think if you're trying to create a new album with the same name as the one you deleted, you might run into trouble. Try a different album name and see if you have better luck.

·
2,305 Posts
It worked! Thank you again!!
Did it ever! I've created a monster! (not a bad thing around here) ;)

Love the fairies in the garbage can and the hands coming out of the walls. Great ideas! I also really love the cat you made. I've never found one in the stores I like, but yours is just perfect. Great job!

WitchyKitty, maybe I'll try to make a new thread and put the info there. And if it gets used a lot, maybe the powers that be can make it sticky. I made it on a blog page because I figured I might have to make a ton of edits and didn't want to be making changes while folks were reading it. Hopefully it will work OK in a thread.

I know I've helped more than a few people with photos, so I don't know why I didn't do this before.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha! Well, I joined secret reaper 2 and since I'm a newbie, there wasn't much for a reaper to go on other than my likes and dislikes list so, yeah, lots of pictures! :eek:

And thanks, I'm glad you like my ideas :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts