Halloween Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· The Horror of The South
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'm always embarrassed to admit this, but here goes:

I am an emetiphobe. That is the fear of vomit / vomiting. I HATE it when I have to do it, but mostly the intense fear and hyperventiliation and such happens when other people do it. It's the most terrifying thing I can imagine.
I've got a friend who has it.....

What it be possible to actually vomit and then vomit from vommiting and then a chain reaction gets going....

Also im not a fan of needles either......I cringe at the scene in SAW where she if thrown into a pit of needles....:confused:
Ruggerz

· Registered
13 Posts
Very interesting - what a great topic for a halloween forum! All of these great ideas to use ... I'll have to incorporate whispering to my next haunt!

Myself: I don't have any phobias. Some people would consider me a little uptight when it comes to germs - but that's not fear. I just don't have time to get sick so I tend to be more prudent about not sharing drinks with friends and etc.

· Lord of the Cemetery
2,091 Posts
I don't have a phobia as such. I dislike heights, which kinda sucks when you work as a crane engineer! (I have learned to get by by shutting off my mind to the fact that I am many feet up in the air)..but it's a dislike rather than a phobia in the classic sense.
Also, no amount of money could ever get me on a rollercoaster.

My Wifes sister has a phobia of balloons...can't stand to even be in the same room as an inflated balloon and goes into hysterics if one comes anywhere near her.

· livin Halloween every day
1,990 Posts
My only phobia is water and drowning. I am terrified of deep water, i am not a very good swimmer and i will only swim where i can easilly get out. I dont like thinking of what is underneath me in the water that i cant see. You will never ever find me swimming in a big lake or the ocean.

· Horror off the Highway
1,792 Posts
Oooooo great thread!

I have a fear of heights and stinging insects. I was stung by a bumble bee in my parent's car when I was very young. Now when I see and bees/wasps I run the other way. One time a bee flew into my car and I had to pull over immediately. This guy stops by to ask if I'm ok. I lied and and said I was allergic and he took it out for me.

· Registered
1,295 Posts
I am super scared of spiders, but not to phobia extent. I do have a phobia of medical needles (tattoo needles are completely fine). It's to the point where I have anxiety days before medical tests. I still cry sometimes or pass out when getting blood drawn. I guess when I was 2ish I had to have a lot of medical tests when I was sick & they wouldn't let my mom stay in the room with me so they held me down kicking and screaming to poke me.

· Registered
132 Posts
Drowning..however that pales in comparison to my hubbys fear of cotton balls and mice.Thats right, I said it..COTTON BALLS!!! The sight of them makes him cringe but the sound of them being rubbed between fingers will send him over the edge. His fear of mice was totally out of control when we bought our house. He was taking a shower and a mouse jumped on him from behind a shampoo bottle. He tore the shower curtain down in a panic to get out of there. I can laugh about it now but at the time it just pissed me off that he can hunt and kill but a little mouse sends him into hysterics.

· Registered
180 Posts
My phobia is moths and I detest the sound of fingernails on aluminum.

It's interesting how people are naming both THINGS that scare them and SOUNDS that put them on edge. I guess there's a fine line between.
Something to keep in mind I guess. Sound can be very important in a haunt.

· Registered
725 Posts
spiders and deep water.

a few years ago i found out that there is actually a species of gigantic underwater spider. AND IT DOES EXIST!!!! ugh kill me now!

i also used to have a fear of heights but i conquered it. woot!

oh ya. and aliens. they freak me out.
Dito man! There is just something extremley creepy about scenarios that you cant control.

1. Spiders - Could be one on your shoulder right now and you wouldn't know. Even though the chances are 1 in a million to running into the dreaded recluse spider I am way to catious around picking up boxes out of storage.

2. Deep water - You have no idea what is down there. And if something did come at you what you going to do? Jump up and stand on the water?

3. Aliens - If an alien race is hostile and decides to show up some day, we are screwed! They wont be stupid enough to die from our germs and they will deffinatley be wearing protective suits if water is like acid to them.

Oh and I suppose I have anxiety every once in a while about appocolypse. Those history / discovery shows about our universe is just to darn evil! They suck you in with some amazing facts about the stars in the universe, and leave you off with the notion that at any momment the sun could explode, we could move a 10th of a percent off our orbit, or a big freaken rock is going to come out of the sky and split the planet in half.

· Registered
84 Posts
3. Aliens - If an alien race is hostile and decides to show up some day, we are screwed! They wont be stupid enough to die from our germs and they will deffinatley be wearing protective suits if water is like acid to them.

Oh and I suppose I have anxiety every once in a while about appocolypse. Those history / discovery shows about our universe is just to darn evil! They suck you in with some amazing facts about the stars in the universe, and leave you off with the notion that at any momment the sun could explode, we could move a 10th of a percent off our orbit, or a big freaken rock is going to come out of the sky and split the planet in half.
LOL War of the Worlds and Signs right? ha ha two of my favorite movies.

yes the water thing is horrible to me. i was playing a video game one time and there was a part where you have to swim down down down down until the water starts to darken and you cant see much. That was the first time i have ever hyperventilated. never did finish playing it either. i dunno, it just gives me the feeling that something massive is gonna swallow me up or something.

on the other hand, an apocalypse doesnt sound so bad :) especially a zombie apocalypse! lol hey look at it this way, at least you wouldnt have to go to work anymore :D

· Registered
1,139 Posts
This is So Funny, My Theme last year was 'Face Your Fears' It was Great!!

I found out about a lot of weird phobias that people had .. Still think My Aunt fear of Kites was probably the strangest. I bought a Really cool poster of Phobias that I had framed for last year!

My Costume was a coffin - Fear of being Buried alive.

Husbands was a Prision jumpsuit - fear of being wrongfully convicted.

Sister a Mime - Fear of not being able to speak

Brother in Law a French Man - Fear of My sister taking him to France - He was also able to walk around with a bottle of wine and Smoke!

Lots of other good costumes, lots of Clowns, lots of Spiders, a Dentist, One girls costume was she was pregnant and her boy friend carried around a baby in a pouch.

One was an Old Maid, Two people who moved from Fla. had make up as if they Froze to Death with Wisconsin Sweatshirts on.

One of the Best was my Nephew Dressed up as My Brother (his Dad).

· Going bump in the night..
3,394 Posts
Another one in the "spiders" column...but, I know the reason for me.
Had a big orb weaver pinned to my face by it's own web when I was younger...I can still remember the feeling of the legs scrambling against my cheek, right below my right eye, trying to get loose.
I'm mostly better about spiders now...but, the feeling of them crawling on me is just too freaky.

One strange thing that's developed the last few years: the sight of a needle slipping into flesh, or the sight of a scalpel parting flesh. I don't mind injections, or having blood drawn...but actually watching the needle bury itself into flesh (mine or anyone else's)...it simply sends shivers up and down my spine.
Same thing with flesh being cut - even if it's fake (like CSI) - the "thought" of it just makes me shudder, let alone watching it.

Nothing debilitating in either one of those for me...just quirks.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.