Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
The Horror of The South
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have any?....

I do, Whispering! I cannot stand it, I havent had any good from it and reasons I cant explain....

Let us know whether you have one or not.....

Ruggerz

·
Shadow box dancer
1,443 Posts
STYROFOAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't stand to touch it or hear it. Christmas is the worst when people are opening all their presents and taking stuff out of boxes packed with Styrofoam.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Took me 45 years to figure out why I was having nightmares almost every night. Nightmares about drowning, quicksand, suffocation, stuff like that, but only when the bedroom door was closed. Also, when I was 10, I had a panic attack in an elevator.
Turns out I'm claustrophobic.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Do you have any?....

I do, Whispering! I cannot stand it, I havent had any good from it and reasons I cant explain....

Let us know whether you have one or not.....

Ruggerz
Me too!!! I've never met anybody else that had a problem with whispering!
I absolutely cannot stand it - not even on TV or in movies. Makes my skin crawl almost to the point of being painful.

·
Registered
84 Posts
spiders and deep water.

a few years ago i found out that there is actually a species of gigantic underwater spider. AND IT DOES EXIST!!!! ugh kill me now!

i also used to have a fear of heights but i conquered it. woot!

oh ya. and aliens. they freak me out.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Claustrophobia, but it's mild.
Hard to use that in a Haunt.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Giant Centipedes? Oh, you'd LOVE Samoa!! Largest centipedes in the World, "Indo-Pacific" Centipedes, as much as 9" long, BIG pincers. But they only come out at night...mostly...

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm always embarrassed to admit this, but here goes:

I am an emetiphobe. That is the fear of vomit / vomiting. I HATE it when I have to do it, but mostly the intense fear and hyperventiliation and such happens when other people do it. It's the most terrifying thing I can imagine.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts

I am an emetiphobe. That is the fear of vomit / vomiting. I HATE it when I have to do it, but mostly the intense fear and hyperventiliation and such happens when other people do it. It's the most terrifying thing I can imagine.
That's actually more common than you think and you shouldn't be embarrassed to admit it :)

MsM

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thanks Ms Meeple. I always feel like some total weirdo about this little issue I have. I have actually met 1 other person who has this same phobia as me, to the same extreme degree.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,443 Posts

That isn't nearly as embarrassing as having a phobia of Styrofoam. :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
phobias

Heights and the dark. Yes, the dark. It's hard to be a halloween freak (and I say that lovingly) and be scared of the dark. Go figure.

·
Registered
540 Posts
People speaking foreign languages. I just know they are talking about me.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts