Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made this a few years back when i was mad at Hobby Lobby for having X-mas out BEFORE September 1st. LOL Anywhoo, you buy the two pack of cheap plastic chrome ornaments, get some sheet plastic (I think my plastic came from an extra storage bin lid) some silver paint and an old Masonry bit (1/4 in if I guess right) I cut the blades out of the plastic and (after adding a bevelled edge) painted them silver and painted the drill bit too. I cut slots on either side and just above the ornaments' hanger hole. I removed the hanger and insrted the Drill bit (super glue . . . glue of champions!) then after the blades were dry I inserted them into the slots and glued them tight.

My phone takes crappy pics anymore...

·
Registered
537 Posts
I love Phantasm. The prop looks great. Might have to add that to my collection.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I absolutely love this! I've been wanting to make a Phantasm sphere for a while, but just never got around to it. And using a Christmas ornament? Awesome!! I get mad when I see Christmas stuff out too early (ie. before Halloween), so I love the idea of using the ornament for a Halloween prop. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was going to get a pack of the Gold ornaments and make the "master" sphere with the ring of blades but I never got around to it. that would be pretty simple too. The 3 inch balls makes just the right size.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How about rigging the Phantasm ball to a FCG type rig or on a set of pulleys so it flies around the area?
That would be cool, but since the drill bit is the only metal part the ball tends to point down it might not look right with three lines comming out of it . . . then again it would be done at night . . . hmmmm . . .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts