Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Beast and I have a relative that owns a house in a very small town in the hills of Appalachia, and we grew up hearing the fairly amazing stories of strange occurences in the house (covers ripped off in the middle of the night, odd sounds and apparitions, a light appearing and moving through the second floor until disappearing into the "most haunted" room, and many other strange items, including the kids (there were many) hearing someone walk up the steps to the second floor at night, but no one being there)--but these occurences were never violent or freaky. Of course, we took all of this with a little grain of salt until a few years ago (although our father was a regular observer of some of these events (and our mother even saw one of these events on the first night she and my father stayed at this house together)) . Also, this relative still owns the house and will not discuss any of these things, she justs passes it off with a wave of her hand if brought up.

So, the Beast and I were staying in one room of this house on the second floor and our parents were staying in another room on the second floor. As is often the case when we are at this house, the Beast and I were softly discussing the reputation of the house when we heard steps coming up the stairs (there was no mistaking the sound on the hardwood stairs). Now, our father was a practical joker, and of course, loved telling stories about the house so we knew he was playing a joke on us. After hearing a few more steps coming up the stairs, we yelled out "Hey, dad!" and to our surprise, we heard from his bedroom, a terse "Just go to sleep boys." He was clearly hearing it too, but was not willing to really engage the issue. Of course, the Beast and I looked at each other and couldn't believe it (and by this time the steps had come to the top of the stairs), and jumped out of bed and, of course, no one was there. Its funny, but it wasn't really "OMG" scary or anything, we just felt like, "Wow. So, maybe all of these stories we have heard from relatives were true after all." Just to be clear, I was in my late 20s or so when this happened, so this is hardly the imagination of some young 10 year old!

There are some amazing stories about the house if anyone ever wants to hear some of them, but I thought I would share our direct experience with the house with you! So, its funny, if you just asked me "Do you believe in ghosts?" My initial response would be "No, not really." But, if I stopped and thought about it, I don't know how I would work in my own experience and my families' experiences with that statement!

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Hey, Rex, welcome to the group!

You wanna get in touch with a member here called Gym Whourfield. He lives in a Haunted House somewhere in Illinois where he actually has people come through for tours.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Awesome! I'd love to go through some more haunted places to see what I can.

I've never really had many paranormal experiences, so I'm quite skeptical overall. The closest was some strange stuff with my Girl Friend and camera when touring the Stanley hotel in Estes Park Colorado.

BTW Rex, I'm happy to finally see one of my IRL friends on here!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts