Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a Pepper's Ghost looking thing I cooked up. It's a one-minute-fifty-second loop that I filmed twice, looking in my living room window from two different angles. My camera's resolution isn't the greatest at night but I think you'll get the idea, it looks infinitely better in person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXuoFgqz1MQ

·
Registered
84 Posts
Great looking Peppers Ghost!
Can I ask did you use a projector or a large LCD TV?
Did you land up using a piece of Plexiglas the size of the entire window?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
This is a Pepper's Ghost looking thing I cooked up. It's a one-minute-fifty-second loop that I filmed twice, looking in my living room window from two different angles. My camera's resolution isn't the greatest at night but I think you'll get the idea, it looks infinitely better in person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXuoFgqz1MQ
Nice job. Re-inserting your video here so a thumbnail displays:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Looks great. Can you show us the whole set up lights on so we can get a good understanding of how you did this. I understand how it works but seeing yours might help us set up ours since we may have a similar set up in our house. I don't do ghosts but could see setting my pirate ghost up in a way like this. Where is the video coming from? Is there any video shining through after going through the pane? Pictures of your set up would be great.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was projecting from inside the room onto some sheer fabric that was stretched tightly across the window. I actually found a different material that I prefer to what I was using that night. Here's a second test video along with more details about the setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6OE5KhmSjQ&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
272 Posts
Thank you for sharing your tips, JCO! I have a very large picture window that I'd like to do something similar with and I think I'll try your method. :)

·
Registered
668 Posts
I like the video and how you accomplished your illusion, but to be a bit of a stickler, this isn't peppers ghost. It's a rear projection on semi-transparent fabric. Sheer curtains can accomplish this as well. The frosted shower curtains work ok too, but dont show as much background detail in the rest of the room.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Thank you for the detailed info. I was wondering about the bleed through. Please let us know about your fabric if you find out. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got back from JoAnn's. It's called Bumi Chiffon. 58 inches wide, $7.99 per yard. I picked up some in Platinum (a medium grey) just to compare it to the white. Grey is actually the color AtmosfearFX recommends, they think black doesn't give a good image (and they're right) and that white is too noticeable. We'll see. Anyway, that's the stuff.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Thanks for the info on that fabric. I'm sure there are plenty of haunters here that will be on the lookout for it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts