Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I created a layout I was thinking about trying in my front yard, I wanna know how well you guys think this would work. Basically have a masoleum towards the front of my yard with an open back end. Inside the masoleum would be a projector that would be projecting images onto a white surface. Then behind the masoleum further back in my yard would be a pane of plexi or something to create the peppers ghost effect. I want the final result to be ghost walking around my cemetery.

View attachment 166412

View attachment 166413

Heres a quick sketchup of what im talking about.

Attachments

·
Never try to eat a zombie
778 Posts
Cant wait to see this in action!!!

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,218 Posts
I wonder with all the pros here if theres a way to make the plexi or any other reflective surface go from the mauseoluem to the tree. So it looks like they are all walking around back there. Awesome idea. Great hidden spot for projector too - away from elements, and people.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I have thought about trying something like this a few years back. I just could not find a way to camouflage the “glass”. It was always visible so it ruined the effect. Maybe I did not have my lighting correct. But you could see the edges no matter where you stood. I would be interested to see if someone could find a good solution.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I like this idea and I've been thinking about something like this for my back yard. However I see a couple of problems. The cost of a large piece of plexi-glass is very expensive, Maybe, and this what I was thinking about doing, is a large piece of scrim strung up on a wire line between two trees. Can you string a wire from the mausoleum to the tree? I would also move your projector from ground level to above the top of the back door.

·
Registered
61 Posts
We've found a good alternative to glass or Plexi: Patio Door Insulation You can build a frame to attach it to and then you use a heat gun or hair dryer to shrink it to be nearly as clear as glass. It can be a little problematic outdoors since wind may be blowing, but it works pretty well. Also, you'll still need to camouflage the frame. Scrim might be easier to disguise.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I would be afraid that like October Dream mentioned, the white background will most likely project with the walking figures. So your plexi/scrim will be against a rather dark backdrop (lawn) I would be afraid while you may get the effect you may also get a white square along with it. I would try experimenting small scale before investing a lot of time and money. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like this idea and I've been thinking about something like this for my back yard. However I see a couple of problems. The cost of a large piece of plexi-glass is very expensive, Maybe, and this what I was thinking about doing, is a large piece of scrim strung up on a wire line between two trees. Can you string a wire from the mausoleum to the tree? I would also move your projector from ground level to above the top of the back door.

I was thinking about scrim too. I was searching the internet and I could not find a video that showed me an example if someone used it in thier haunt, I only found scrim used in windows. If I used scrim I could reverse the projector and just point it directly at the scrim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts