Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It just premiered on Showtime this weekend. Did anybody watch?

It's set in Victorian England with all the classic horror characters worked into the story - Frankenstein, Dr. Jekyl, Dorian Gray, Jack the Ripper...etc. The first episode was excellent. The sets were amazing- the acting, top rate.

There was a free preview- so I watched it last night... and darn! it was SOOOOO GOOOOD!

Problem is- I don't subsrcibe to Showtime. Gonna be a looooong wait for the series on DVD.

:(

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I forgot all about it... I will have to see if the show is re-airing or available on-demand soon, apparently:rolleyes: The previews looked enticing.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it is on again tonight at 10PM EST and probably lots and lots of other times this week.

I don't have any fancy DVR/Digital TV set-up. Basic cable R me. :(

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it is on again tonight at 10PM EST and probably lots and lots of other times this week.

I don't have any fancy DVR/Digital TV set-up. Basic cable R me. :(

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I am not certain what I think of the show yet, to be honest. The sets and period clothing were spectacular, although the (first) episode was pretty slow; maybe once the series gets the general plot established, there will be more action, I would hope.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I am finding it difficult to keep interested, which is unfortunate; the idea behind the show is ingenious, although the pacing is sooo slow. They get one more episode to impress me before I tune out...:rolleyes: Anyone else feeling the same?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am finding it difficult to keep interested, which is unfortunate; the idea behind the show is ingenious, although the pacing is sooo slow. They get one more episode to impress me before I tune out...:rolleyes: Anyone else feeling the same?
I agree that it is a bit slow. I have no doubt it will turn around though...or at least I'm hoping. We will see!

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Thanks for agreeing despite enjoying the show, ferryann. I really like Salem, which also has some slow bits, but it does not come close to plodding like this show:eek:

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,729 Posts
Garth I am with you on this one. I have been excited about this show for a year now and ill give it a couple more shows and that's it. I feel like they do things for shock value and I hate shows that do that. The idea is just fantastic but its not coming across like they intended for it to. Im disappointed.

I also stopped watching Salem and only watched Black Sails for 5 shows , I was excited about both of those as well and they were duds in my book. again, I hate shows that do things for shock value. I don't think The Walking Dead does that. I love that show!!

on another note about Penny Dreadful I did perk up when they introduced Dorain Grey, he was interesting but then every single scene he was in was a sex scene. Im not against that believe me but can you let me get to know some more about him. Is that all we are going to see from this character?

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
on another note about Penny Dreadful I did perk up when they introduced Dorain Grey, he was interesting but then every single scene he was in was a sex scene. Im not against that believe me but can you let me get to know some more about him. Is that all we are going to see from this character?
Dorian was at the party/seance, too, so there, a whole scene without...:p

1 - 20 of 64 Posts