Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a lot of thinking and surfing and printing and filing and shopping and collecting, and storing ideas in my head; but I really haven't done anything toward prop making until last night when I went outside and started tearing pallets apart. yeah, I've started a few props at our gatherings but haven't followed up on any on my own.....man it sucks to be a hardcore procrastinator

Yay ME!!!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Hi,

Don't feel bad. I've been putting things off big time this year. So far I made a toe pincher coffin to make into a monster in a box, did a little corpsing of some skulls and cut the posts for my picket fence. I had planned on SOOOO much this year and with my engergy level and incoming money I haven't done hardly anything.
I hope things come around for you so you can get some things done. Just think, one project a week and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've done a lot of thinking and surfing and printing and filing and shopping and collecting, and storing ideas in my head; but I really haven't done anything toward prop making until last night when I went outside and started tearing pallets apart. yeah, I've started a few props at our gatherings but haven't followed up on any on my own.....man it sucks to be a hardcore procrastinator

Yay ME!!!

Me too, thinking and surfing. Searching for unique, old or scarey, black and white photos and labels for bottles to put in the witches kitchen and Frankenstein Lab. Searching for things to put in the bottles that would be neat and unique that I wouldn't have to change too often. I am having trouble finding doll heads and parts of dolls to put in larger apothecary bottles.
Plus, really good glass doll eyes are hard to find and expensive, wish I could find a good site for those. :(

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Cant say that i am in the same boat on this one. I have been working hard since January and 6 new props to add this year so far and hoping to get a couple more finished. My problem isnt the energy or gumption but the finances.
It is so hard to keep having the funds to just keep building. But when i'm not building, i too spend hours surfing, getting ideas, making future plans, and getting halloween music together.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts

Yay ME!!!
You just took Edison's quote about creative genuis the wrong way. Its supposed to be 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration :) Not the other way around like you've done :D

Meeps

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Scatterbrains, starting is always the hardest part. Once you start, and you have, you're on your way. And don't forget to give yourself credit when you finish one project before you go onto another.

·
Registered
204 Posts
well after reading this im goin to go make something lol wow 100 days and actually less cuz i start decorating in late sept cause it takes me soooooooooo long to get it all by oct 1

·
Registered
336 Posts
Me too, thinking and surfing. Searching for unique, old or scarey, black and white photos and labels for bottles to put in the witches kitchen and Frankenstein Lab. Searching for things to put in the bottles that would be neat and unique that I wouldn't have to change too often. I am having trouble finding doll heads and parts of dolls to put in larger apothecary bottles.
Plus, really good glass doll eyes are hard to find and expensive, wish I could find a good site for those. :(

I made a BUNCH of bottles last year, one of the ones that grossed everyone out was one of those grows in water things from the dollar sore, I smashed it into a jar with reddish brown water.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts