Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sign at the front door here says:"What does a big old haunted house like this eat? CELL PHONES!" Please leave them in your car."
So, this AM a message on the answering machine said they lost their cell phone here last night.
I check the couch cushions, I check the top of the slide, I check the bottom of the slide.. nothing.. then I thought I heard a small electronic-generated noise?
The missing cell phone was laying on the metal slide, about 1/3 of the way up the slide, and the metal of the slide is still at a very steep angle there?
Now I have more places to look to find the missing phones because this phone has a rubber encasement which stops it from ever freely sliding the rest of the way down a slide!
My last group last night were a ton of fun though!
One newbie I was sort of "picking on", stopped on his way out of the house (tour completed),shook my hand and said :"This was the best experience of my LIFE!"( He said this, yet he has a very cute wife!)
HAHAHAHA!
Maybe she was out of "hearing range?"

·
What Hump?
1,107 Posts
A lot of haunts post rules that say "no cell phones" in order to avoid lost cell phones or lights from cell phones ruining the atmosphere for others.

This may be a "buggy whip" type scenario. (Buggy whip companies went out of business when automobiles started becoming popular.)

The biggest audience for most home haunts is teenagers.

Teenagers are inseperable from their cell phones/smart phones.

You need to find some way to incorporate cell phones into your haunt...some sort of interactive relationship between the teenager's cell phone and your haunt.

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
Cell phone jammers are illegal except for law enforcement purposes. Even then, because it is interference with a public utility, law enforcement needs a court order to use a jammer. But I can see the lure - I'd like to get a jammer for my car to deal with all the yahoos who have to be on their phones while driving.

I suggest a new prop. Make a box monster that "eats" cell phones. Guests can deposit the phone in the box at the entrance and retrieve it when the tour is done. Better yet, make the box monster so it "poos" out the phone at the end of the tour. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts