Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am wondering if anyone else is addicted to collecting and decorating with paper plates/napkins/table covers? How much time goes into seeking the "right" pattern for your party? Does it really matter to you? I love (and collect) the vintage paper items but I look forward every year to seeing the new lines. I'm crazy for Caspari but it comes down to the artwork. Not too long ago Amscan came out with a great skull & cross bone pattern with filigree. I bought the plastic serving tray and it's now part of the annual decorations. Do you buy extra packages for any Halloween entertaining emergency? Use different designs for the days leading to Halloween? Would love to know if anyone else shares this "problem."

Attachments

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,729 Posts
I almost always use paper. They are fun, inexpensive, beautiful and super easy clean up. We use different ones the entire month of October on the weekends just to make dinner festive. I do match my plates to my theme for Halloween dinner. I also have kids so it's fun for them.
image.jpg
This is Midnight Ride from VictirianTradingCo, I don't have any better pics. It's was this years pattern.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I never thought of using paper plates throughout the month of October. Love ! Love! Love! the idea and I am going to do that this year ... so much fun! I always have left over plates from previous years so that would work out perfectly. For the actually Halloween meal, I do theme my plates to my dinner or decorations but I usually have a mix of paper and china.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Well, I'm sort of weird. I buy paper plates, napkins and any other items they have to match. I usually buy several if it's a pattern I particularly love since the next year it will be different so I want to be able to have it for the future. This part isn't all that weird. The weird part is, that I buy this stuff and then never use it, I look at it and don't want to use it, I have tubs of paper plates and napkins lol I have some for Christmas too but most are Halloween.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I'm sort of weird. I buy paper plates, napkins and any other items they have to match. I usually buy several if it's a pattern I particularly love since the next year it will be different so I want to be able to have it for the future. This part isn't all that weird. The weird part is, that I buy this stuff and then never use it, I look at it and don't want to use it, I have tubs of paper plates and napkins lol I have some for Christmas too but most are Halloween.
That's EXACTLY what I do! I have bins filled with extra paper products. Sets! If I use them for dinners or parties I actually match them with the crowd. Kids get different patterns than adult dinner parties. If it's a big party I usually go with high count solid colors. Now I feel better! HA! I'm not alone in the weirdness. HA! I know my problem does have to do with the artwork, though. Almost everything I buy for Halloween is has to do with aesthetics. I'm relieved!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I almost always use paper. They are fun, inexpensive, beautiful and super easy clean up. We use different ones the entire month of October on the weekends just to make dinner festive. I do match my plates to my theme for Halloween dinner. I also have kids so it's fun for them.
View attachment 274106
This is Midnight Ride from VictirianTradingCo, I don't have any better pics. It's was this years pattern.
Yes! I do the same! Different napkins for each day! HA! It makes it more fun, I think. Everyone seems to appreciate it, too. I'm glad other people do this, too! That is a lovely pattern from Victorian Trading. I have lots of Caspari and others-bins of sets-old and new. As I mentioned below, it all has to do with the artwork. Too much fun to set the table with different accessories throughout October. The old sets are protected and used as decorations in the kitchen along with all the candle holders and other Halloween themed kitchen items. I'm happy you added a pic!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts