Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well right now I plan on having chicken wings,sausage and peppers,one of those skewered pumpkins shown in the pick then wanna make another skewered pumpkin with shrimp,not sure what else yet. Been looking for some good ideas like the one I posted. I want fun food not the same old boring pizza strips ects but havent been having much luck.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great thanks! I am going to do different types of shrimp like some wrapped in bacon,garlic shrimp,plain ect cant wait for that,sea food is my fav!

this is a great site. Lots of good ideas!

·
Registered
20 Posts
i always like to have some candied apples, you can get them at the grocery store in october usually. not one per person, just a few to bring back the memories. it is a sort of healthy dessert though...

·
Registered
167 Posts

We made "Spicy Skeleton Ribs" from the Tase of Home Halloween Issue last year. They tasted awesome and looked cool, too. Can't beat that! I'll try to dig up the recipe.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Found it...

Spicy Skeleton Ribs

4 cups diced cooked chicken breast
1-1/4 cups of water
1/4 cup tomato paste
2 tablespoons each paprika and lime juice
1-1/2 teaspoons each onion powder, garlic powder, dried basil, and dried oregano.
1 teaspoon each salt, dried thyme, celery seed, pepper and cayenne pepper
1 bay leaf
12 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon grated lime peel
2 tubes (11 ounces each) refrigerated crusty French loaf
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterrey Jack cheese

1) In large saucepan combine the chicken, water, tomato paste, paprika, lime juice and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaf.

2) Combine cream cheese and lime peel. On a large piece of foil, roll one tube of bread dough into a 14 in x 10 in rectangle. Spread with half of cream cheese mixture to within 1/2 in of edges; sprinkle with half of the chicken mixture and shredded cheese.

3) Starting with a long side and using foil, fold into thirds. Form a 14 in x 4 in loaf with a seam along one side. Pinch edges to seal. Transfer to a baking dish. Repeat. Bake at 325 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.

4) Remove to wire racks. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting into 1 in slices. Arrange on a large serving platter to resemble ribs with a plastic skull if desired.

Taste of Homes Halloween Party Ideas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts