Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so here the problem, my bf is not from the U.S. and most of the friends we are inviting are not either. So they dont really celebrate Halloween, I know sad case. So Im like the crazy Halloween american he he love it. I need party ideas , they dont really know the movies or the music or really most of the traditions. Last year I was Elvira and they didnt know who she was. Last year i combined the party with my b-day, so at midnight we crossed the street to the park and had a pinata filled with naughty adult things they all liked that. But this year it's just a plain halloween party so any ideas to give these guys some great Halloween culture. Thanx!!!!

·
Registered
487 Posts
They might not celebrate halloween but i'm sure that they all grew up with some kind of urban legend or scary stories that maybe they heard growing up. You don't state where there from but why don't you do some research and look into any haunted stuff that might of happend there.... that way you'll have things that there familiar with and they might be more into it.. ya know?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can I ask from what country are they? Here we don't really celebrate Halloween either, but I bet almost everyone (atleast younger people) knows pretty well what it's about.. In here almost every TV series is american, etc. so Halloween is well known, even though not celebrated.. I could think your friends know also quite a bit about halloween from TV and movies.. no?

·
Shadow Crosser
741 Posts
I'm sure some of the Scary US movies have made it to their area. Find out which ones have. Also, maybe have a Halloween Movie playing during your party to add to the culture of it all. I like runswithvampires idea, find out their legends and about places that are haunted that they will be aware of.

Add some games like "Who Am I" where you fill out 3x5 cards with a famous person, character, cartoon character and pin to the back of each guest and have them play ask other players yes or no questions about the name on their back until they figure out who they are.

Or how about "build your own urban legend" where you have the guests each contribute to making a spooky story. You provide the first sentence like "A long time ago, there was a castle in such-in-such...." and each player adds to the story. It can get pretty funny and gets everyone involved.

With internet access to movies now, why not assign a spooky movie to each guest to watch prior to the party and then dress like a character from that movie.

·
Super Moderator
5,659 Posts
OK so here the problem, my bf is not from the U.S. and most of the friends we are inviting are not either. So they dont really celebrate Halloween, I know sad case. So Im like the crazy Halloween american he he love it. I need party ideas , they dont really know the movies or the music or really most of the traditions. Last year I was Elvira and they didnt know who she was. Last year i combined the party with my b-day, so at midnight we crossed the street to the park and had a pinata filled with naughty adult things they all liked that. But this year it's just a plain halloween party so any ideas to give these guys some great Halloween culture. Thanx!!!!
Could still do a pinata.

My family always did a "hit the cat out of the barrel" pinata on Halloween growing up. (comes from an old danish festival in spring that bares a striking resemblence to Halloween, and so I suppose my family carried it over to halloween when they came to the States?)

We still do a pinata, just not a barrel with a cat painted on it anymore.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Could do a murder mystery themed party... Give everyone a character to play and part of the game is solving the murder?

Or just stick with good old ghost story theme-y stuff. A menu of gross out food. Things that are spooky are very universal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Halloween party

Hi,

I'm from Canada. I'm having halloween party since 10 years here in Montreal.

The most popular thing every year is my movie montage. (6 hours of gore part of classic horror movies) Last year I made jellow shooters, it works! People likes the costumes contest, the winner wins 15$ gift certificate and an award. Look for Dinn Brothers they have great awards. I saw this drinking game on the net: What would a Zombie do? Party America is a great companie too.

Good luck with your party!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My Bf and most are from Russia, the others are from Turkey, Colombia, Venezuela. Im mex so El dia de los muertos is in the latin traditions.

·
Registered
35 Posts
How about on your invites ( if you do invites) tell a little tale of what Halloween is, or why Halloween is important to you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts