Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know there are lots of threads about party games, but after considering the history of my halloween parties, i have a slight variation on the question:

what are some good adult party games for drunks?

"drunks" isn't the right word exactly, but there usually is a fair amount of drinking at my parties. i've tried some games before, with varying degrees of success, but i think mostly people want games that don't take much commitment. beer pong, for instance, always goes over well--people can play that for 5 minutes or 5 hours depending on their preference. i'd like something like that, something that people can do as much or as little as they want, that has more of a halloween theme. any ideas appreciated, as always.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm right there with you! We were planning to do a spin on Hollywood Game Night but realized that with over 40 + guests, the chances of that working were slim to none. So, with that said, we are going to get a corn-hole game, beer pong, costume contest and want to come up with some games like you've mentioned - easy, not alot of commitment and fun!

Hopefully others will have some good ideas!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am interested to see what others have to say as well. We always play corn hole and beer pong and I have a box that I put out that is for Tempt your fate. People can choose to reach in and grab a fate on their own. It has always gone over well in the past but it is getting old and hardly anyone plays anymore. We have played a game with candy corn. You have partners and one partner pins a plastic jack o lantern to thier waste while the other partner tries to toss the candy corn in the jack o lantern. The team that gets the most in the hole in a certain amount of time wins. It is hilarious to watch the person with the jack o lantern try to move in order to help their partner get it in. A drinking game we have played is to give each person a name tag with a different horror movie character on it. And everyone at the party needs to call people by the name on their name tag. If they mess up, they have to take a drink. This does not always work since not everyone at my parties drink. I dont like to have games that take a lot of planning and prep work to play. I am so busy at my parties that I dont always have the time to set up the games.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
When we do Tempt Your Fate, we allow guests to do it on their own time and some do it many times. I have a battery operated door knocker that is a first and arm of a ghoul that has a very loud and commanding sound of the menancing KNOCK, KNOCK KNOCK.

We place it handing over a door that goes out to the screened in porch where people wander in and out. When someone does the KNOCK, you can hear it in the house and out on the porch and back yard. It allows people to gather if they want to watch. Always a hit.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I have to agree with PMTT and Printersdevil, Tempt your fate is always a hit! How I do it though is I have a bell I ring at random intervals and whoever gets to me first gets to play, it's a race every time! Love that game, so much fun! I will also add Wink Murder, but choose your killer carefully. We did a random drawing for the killer and how people die. The killer was not interested at all and kind of put a damper on that. The people who were "killed" had to publicly die withing 5 minutes of being winked at. There were prizes for the best acted out death, and if someone guesses the killer they got on also. The death's were fantastic! So much fun! There tends to be a fair amount of drinking at my party also and it only made these games better!

·
Registered
121 Posts
We are doing a Tempt your fate, but to go with our theme we are calling it "The Dr is In". We have one of the metal bells that they will ring when they want to play. Since our them is Bloody Asylum we are playing Guess the Psycho. We picked some real life psycho and some movie Psychos. Last we are doing a guess the pills in the bottle.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,773 Posts
Nothing fancy and a little redundant but eh! No one really wants to piss me off so they follow the rules (I swear I'm not a bully--kinda hard anyways when you're only 5 feet tall! LOL!)
View attachment 261674
You can be a bully at 5 feet tall.....my son is 5 feet tall now so I keep telling him to be a bully on the lacrosse floor....then again he just turned 8.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just saw that someone put a santa hat on the corner of their tv for a Christmas party. Then whenever an actor stood in the corner it looked like they were wearing the hat and everybody had to take a drink. This year we are doing it for our party only we're using a witches hat.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
We've tried a few and depending on the crowd some have been complete flops but my group seems to love tempt your fate...what we usually do is get "jello shot cups and lids" and randomly fill them with alcohol for good fates or things like vinegar, pickle juice, lemon juice, hot sauce, tuna juice, etc for bad fates. We mix them up and toss them all in one big container that they just blindly reach in and pick out of (we also do an alcohol free version for those that do not wish to drink).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts