Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just need a little feedback on a game I'm planning for my guests.

There will be around ~20 people. We plan on playing music with horror movies on mute most of the night. Once everyone has arrived, I was planning on starting a little Horror Trivia game. Basically, all the lights would be turned off and up on the screen would pop a Jigsaw clip I've edited. In it is a smaller game itself (Asking the guests to figure out what 101709 means - the date of the party!). At the end of the clip, the lights will be turned on and I will explain the game; there are 15 horror movie props I've scattered around the house, and the person who matches the most props with the correct movies will win a prize.

How does it sound? Also, the movie is below. This is my very first attempt at Video editing, so it won't be awesome, I can assure you that :p. But please let me know what you think of the video as well! Thanks guys and gals :). (There is a clock count-down from 2:00 minutes to 0:00 minutes mid-way. You can skip over that to get to the end!)

Also, I need to find out how I can turn off and on all of the lights in my apartment at the same time. Does anyone have any easy ideas? I can't run it all on the same line - that'd be a lot of wiring! And I'm plugging into different wall ports. Any tips would be such a great help. Thanks!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I picked up remote power outlets from Costco last year and use them for most of my electrical decor - there are 2 per pack, controlled by 1 remote. Works from any room in the house, so if you had lamps (as opposed to hard wired lights) you could plug them into these and hit the buttons at the same time and it's very dramatic - would work for music too if you really want people to stop in their tracks, plug your stereo into one.

·
Registered
237 Posts
For the game I have a few questions? What props are you using? When a guest finds a prop what are they to do?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will print off a list of 15 different movies that the Props are from. From there, I will scatter the props around the apartment.

IE: I have a Scream mask for the movie Scream,
I have a bottle of Poison for The Sixth Sense,
I have sticks bound together for The Blair Witch Project,
etc.

When they find the prop, they write it down on their paper for the correct movie. Whoever has the most (Correct) at the end of the night wins. If there is a tie, I'll write down names, grab a hat, and whoever gets picked wins!

My prize is going to be The Rocky Horror Picture Show DVD. A lot of people don't like Horror movies here, so I figure you can't go too wrong with the movie. And most people seem to enjoy it! Oh, and it's cheap :).

·
Registered
148 Posts
That is one of the best games I have seen, wish it fit my theme. We are doing A Hogwarts Halloween!

Can't wait to hear how the party goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts