Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a hard time getting into the mood to do my annual Halloween party. I feel like I end up running around all night and never get to enjoy my guests. I was thinking of doing spaghetti again this year but would like to know if there is an easier way to have warm noodles on hand rather than me going into the house and cooking up another batch on the spot.

·
Registered
195 Posts
How about lasagna or baked ziti? You can cook them ahead of time and if you leave them covered with foil they'll stay hot longer. Or you could stick extras in the oven at a low temp to keep them warm. I've done both and it has worked well for me.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Baked Ziti might work out better than spaghetti. I have some foil lasagna pans and I can fill those with cooked ziti covered in some sauce and cheese. I could make up the pans and ask a neighbor if she could keep a couple of pans on warm in her oven while I have a couple of pans on warm in my oven. I can start out with two pans on the buffet. I could have a crock pot full of spaghetti sauce so people can add it to their serving of baked ziti to make it warmer. That might be a really good solution. Thanks Jezebel82.

·
Registered
104 Posts
72207_1555003848362_7723193_n.jpg
72765_1555003568355_6026418_n.jpg
72743_1555002888338_7641959_n.jpg we generally do the same menu every year, by request. We do 3 kinds of bat wings (chicken wings), haunted bats and cheese in the crockpot (mac and cheese with bowtie pasta, looks like bats), deviled eyes (eggs) bbq zombie eyes (meatballs, also in crockpot), then do a few dips in crockpots, and do a platter with 2 racks of ribs, with little smokies as entrails. Add a skull and a halved red pepper for a heart. Feeds many and so creepy. I have also done the kitty litter cake, but most were too afraid to do anything other than look at it. Also for desserts I usually do something red velvet

1 - 8 of 8 Posts