Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by today for a quick look. Really flat selection of stuff. Most of it was there last year. A few different small props but overall a poor showing. They're not even all set up yet which is lame as in years past they are going full tilt by Labor Day. Anyone else check out their PC?

·
I play with dead people
1,834 Posts
I did last weekend and they only had a small section going. All the summer stuff was still out and they had about a ten foot section going and a few things hanging from the ceiling. A lot of stuff was still in boxes in the isles though and I was trying to peek at them.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Stopped by PC yesterday. I picked up 2 great looking tombstones, (reg. 19.95, on sale for 10.00 each). Couple of cool ghoul greeters with "Do Not Enter" warnings on them. They had alot more out yesterday than they did a couple days ago. I also went to Spirit and Halloween USA yesterday too. I'm not really impressed with any new stuff out this year.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Very limited selection in Augusta, GA. Though they're not completely set up, it seems they're down significantly from years past.

Overall, it seems stores are offering less and less every year. When I was younger I remember my local Walmart having twice as many isles as they have had in the last seven or eight years. Of course back then window clings and die cuts were big and that took up a good deal of space. It seems I also remember the makeup/FX took up an entire side of an isle. last year the local Walmarts barely had enough to cover a quarter of an isle.

Am I the only one seeing a reduction over the past ten years?

·
Purely and Simply....EVIL
958 Posts
Actually, I just went there tonight to check it out for the first time this season and I feel the same way! Nothing overly impressed me, and I was kind of sad about it. And btw, Sams club was soo disappointing! I remember a few years ago (two years in a row) they had big inflatable houses blown up. Now there was a butler, a haunted candy bowl, haunted mirror and tombstones. Thats it! Very disappointing!

·
Technological Terror
724 Posts
Actually, I just went there tonight to check it out for the first time this season and I feel the same way! Nothing overly impressed me, and I was kind of sad about it. And btw, Sams club was soo disappointing! I remember a few years ago (two years in a row) they had big inflatable houses blown up. Now there was a butler, a haunted candy bowl, haunted mirror and tombstones. Thats it! Very disappointing!
My first stop at PC was the same. Very lame! They were just getting things in and had a few boxes in the back, but not on the shelves! What has happened to all the stores??? I went by Target two days ago and the freakin' school supplies were still cluddering up the place! :(

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
The PC in my area is a disapointment so far. They are all about the costumes with one aisle of Halloween stuff.

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
Our Party City is just moving it's luau (sp?) stuff out finally. Saw they were taking applications for seasonal help - worked there (for the season) several years ago, mostly getting costumes for customers & organizing (& reorganizing!) the make-up, wigs & accessories. Not bad if you don't mind running & repetitive restock, and they do allow flexible hours.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've noticed the same thing in LA but what do you expect? With the economy in the state it's in I think all the seasonal buyers held back so they wouldn't get saddled with huge post-season inventories. I've especially noticed an overall lack of high-end items and innovations.

·
How about a magic trick?
1,002 Posts
Not just PC, but most of the big brick and mortar chain stores as well - I've seen a steady decline of Halloween merchandise over the past 7 or 8 years even at my Target, which is kinda sad actually!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts