1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,660 Posts
Ten feet? This super large trend is getting ridonk. Most people can't store more than one of those type of props & may not have the space to even set up more than one in the haunt.

They're cool to look at but I hope the trend dies soon.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I thought I was the only one that didn't care for these. Bigger isn't instantly more scary... In my opinion it makes the props look cartoonish, and kind of silly. Just my opinion... to each their own...

·
Registered
330 Posts
I was checking Party City today and I saw something new. Its a ten foot animated witch, similar to Home Depot's werewolf. It is in-stock right now for $350. Looks like they are starting to get more stuff from SVI. Last year we saw the pumpkin grave grabber.

Animatronic Light-Up Talking Towering Witch Halloween Decoration, 10ft

View attachment 761688
I actually bought this one last year after walking into the store and falling in love with it! Everyone loved it and it looked great! The only downfall it needs some better support. Storage is not a problem since the body is just wire. The head is the only thing that takes up storage.
I felt it was different from the skeleton I always see on here. I also did not see anyone last year mention it so I thought it was nice to have something different and I love my witches!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually bought this one last year after walking into the store and falling in love with it! Everyone loved it and it looked great! The only downfall it needs some better support. Storage is not a problem since the body is just wire. The head is the only thing that takes up storage.
I felt it was different from the skeleton I always see on here. I also did not see anyone last year mention it so I thought it was nice to have something different and I love my witches!
Hmm. I never saw/heard of this before today.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
418 Posts
The super tall ones do make a statement. Support seems like it would be a challenge though. I built a pumpkin sentinel years ago that’s probably 8 1/2 foot tall. I had just started sculpting with celluclay and had no idea how heavy it gets. The head is really heavy. It is only displayed on Halloween. Winds the year before last resulted in it crashing to the ground a couple hours before dark and it has always been secured. Thankfully it was thick enough the head wasn’t destroyed and there was a decent amount of damage but everything was repairable. It makes me wonder how well these super tall storebought props would do if they hit the ground and I saw on a thread that someone was leaving one of the skeletons out year round. Not sure how that plastic would handle the various seasons.

I do like this witch and really like the giant spiders Home Depot had a couple years ago. The giant skeletons are cool from the height but I never got into them and couldn’t incorporate any of these giants into my display. It looks great in Shyra’s display.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
That raccoon in the pipe, vulture & tombstone at the end look pretty cool. Store was disappointing last year so I hope they do better this year. Wanted to see the ghosts over the tombstone in person. Also didn't like that I couldn't get a coupon like in the past unless you agreed to texts. So what you say?? I know, I'm old fashioned & don't text & it costs me & rarely use cell.

·
Registered
754 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts