Halloween Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Dropped by my local Party City and was happy to see merchandise being put out. I didn’t see any major finds, but it’s always nice to browse. Anyone find anything worthwhile?

·
Registered
520 Posts
I stopped in about 2 weeks ago and they were putting some things out. Next time I'm going that way, I'll stop and see if it's any better.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I haven't gone in party city yet but I did order a few things online. I really like the pennywise animated pop up. Anyone getting it?

·
Royalty Unleashed!
2,627 Posts
I just purchased these sweet adorable creatures. I introduced them to my adult children as my new adoptees. Thank goodness they are use to how I am or I would probably be writing this from Bellevue.

·
Registered
380 Posts
My local party city was setting up animatronics today. They had swinging decrepit doll & swinging head first. Two props I like. I also like lonely Laura & floating ghost woman. Time will tell if they'll be in store.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I made a special trip to Party City yesterday for some ugly grey spider props I'd seen the previous day. They look like miniature versions of one of my giant poseable spiders, and will serve well as it's offspring. I also got some bat cut-outs, which I'm hoping might have a nice effect with a window idea I have percolating around in my head.

·
Registered
257 Posts
It’s like spirit offer coupons but the charge “oversized shipping” I’ve always supported party city cause they were upfront and offered great coupons but now the games have begun.
And Spirit has a tendency to put their own prices over the suggested retail on the box as well. Saw some pathway lights I wanted when they first opened but didn't have a coupon. Week or so later when they started putting out coupons, the price went up $5, negating any deal.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Visited Party City last week & posted but didn't take for some reason. Had Lonely Laura set up just inside the door to go off when you walked in. Just past her was Pennywise Sewer Grabber & scared me to death. It really comes out with some force & appears to be made very well; although not my thing (yet?).

However, I did buy this guy to add to my cemetery. Can bend him a little & is somewhat heavier than it looks. Only $8.
IMG_1883.JPG

·
Registered
257 Posts
Forgot to post this...When we were in store last week, this was how they displayed string lights:
String Light Ornament Idea.jpg

Even though it looks sloppy on display, I have a ton of fairy lights & you can buy those clear, plastic ornaments very cheap. Just need to hide the battery box & thought of many ways; Halloween tissue paper; foil, Halloween material, etc. Could also use a taped stencil & paint them black or orange, etc. so the light would show through. Would make cute accents or ornaments for those who put up Halloween trees like I do.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Online only item.. why would this not be in stores?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I did well at Halloween City last year with end of season sales. John Doe, large bat with sound and flapping wings, and stay tombed radios all at 75% off.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts