Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
My Halloween City advice: I don't know how many locations they have nationally. Near Boston there were only two Halloween Cities last year. One in town, that had very few large props, and one in the suburbs (Dedham) that had WAY too many large props. Stacks of them that were never going to sell. Maybe Halloween City isn't run smartly. My advice if you have them near you: Find one near you that is overstocked, go in Nov 1 and get everything 50 to 75% off.

Spirit is much more smartly run. I almost never see an overabundance of large props. I once went into a Spirit in Manhattan and they did not have a single large animatronic/prop. Not one.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
My Halloween City advice: I don't know how many locations they have nationally. Near Boston there were only two Halloween Cities last year. One in town, that had very few large props, and one in the suburbs (Dedham) that had WAY too many large props. Stacks of them that were never going to sell. Maybe Halloween City isn't run smartly. My advice if you have them near you: Find one near you that is overstocked, go in Nov 1 and get everything 50 to 75% off.

Spirit is much more smartly run. I almost never see an overabundance of large props. I once went into a Spirit in Manhattan and they did not have a single large animatronic/prop. Not one.
That’s amazing how different the two stores were. We only got one and it had one little rack of home decor stuff and the rest of the entire store was costumes so they were never on my radar to check. I didn’t even know they sold the life size items until it was mentioned here.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I’m starting to believe that the new Pennywise props are actually made by Tekky Toys and not Morbid. Morbid is known for their poor effort at making licensed props which suffer from bizarre appearances and voice acting (See last years Pennywise for example). I don’t see them suddenly making movie accurate props with Skarsgard’s voice. While Tekky has never made licensed items, there are multiple things going on with these Pennywise props to lead me to believe they made them (mechanisms, background noises/voices, etc).

Morbid

Tekky?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Of course after I ordered the violin and only got free shipping, there’s a flash sale for 15% + free shipping going on now for online orders!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Party City has a sneak peak on Twitter for Floating Balloon animated prop. It is an arm holding a red balloon that rolls around in circles. It is supposed to be available for preorder, but is not listed on website

·
Registered
261 Posts
Pennywise Floating Balloon is available for preorder

And they also have a Pennywise Door Knocker

·
Registered
306 Posts
Got the violin today....it is SUPER cute! A little on the small side but I knew that when I bought it. I just love the music it plays!

View attachment 714627
Could you take a picture of the violin next to something for comparison? I'm curious how it would look attached to an actual skeleton playing it, or if it's way too small.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Could you take a picture of the violin next to something for comparison? I'm curious how it would look attached to an actual skeleton playing it, or if it's way too small.
Here’s what it looks like with a life size skeleton. Definitely a little small! This is more like ukulele size.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
It's not that bad. Keep in mind it's a violin, not a guitar.

Oh I know 😁
But it’s still about half the size of a “life size” violin, if not 3x. It might look good if you have one of the smaller scale skeletons to pair it with.

I plan to just sit it on a shelf though, which is why I still bought it. Well, that and for the music it plays!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,686 Posts
I haven't been tempted to buy anything in several years now, but that animated rocking horse doll and the toy box and even the tear apart doll they have on their site is really hitting me in the feels... I did a scene a while back with a haunted nursery and rocking chair and old china dolls and baby dolls and such. I LOVE creepy dolls/toys! I almost want to do another party just to do THAT theme now. :unsure:

And the violin is likely getting bought. Got a violinist in the family, and it's playing Dance Macabre by Charles-Camille Saint-Saëns (one of my favorite composers).

Really stoked

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I haven't been tempted to buy anything in several years now, but that animated rocking horse doll and the toy box and even the tear apart doll they have on their site is really hitting me in the feels... I did a scene a while back with a haunted nursery and rocking chair and old china dolls and baby dolls and such. I LOVE creepy dolls/toys! I almost want to do another party just to do THAT theme now. :unsure:

And the violin is likely getting bought. Got a violinist in the family, and it's playing Dance Macabre by Charles-Camille Saint-Saëns (one of my favorite composers).

Really stoked

There’s definitely no shortage of creepy dolls! I love the little tricycle that moves on its own and almost bought it, but it just doesn’t fit in with all my other props, so it just wasn’t a practical purchase. I don’t have kids so I have nothing kid related. The “want” was there though!

21 - 40 of 80 Posts