Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit 5/18/09

So I've been thinking non stop about what my theme is going to be this year and I think I've finally got it. I think I'm going to have a full out Juggalo Hillbilly/zombie house. My Bf is going to help me make a life size Boondox scarecrow to prop up behind the door to scare people as they enter. The living room I haven't quite figured out what I'm going to do with it. I do know I have to move or cover up my roomate's exercise equipment. The Windows will be boarded to look like it's a condemned house. The kitchen will be messy but filled with food I'm going to cook. I'm going to make some bbq pulled pork and put the meat inside of a plasic skeleton. There will also be some chili dogs, caramel apples, chicken wings, popcorn, mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. Oh and a bunch of other smaller sweets I'm getting from Britta's web site Halloween Recipes Haven't figured out what I want to make with pumpkin in it yet, don't really want to make pumpkin pie again.

There will be carved pumpkins everywhere, some with my usual generic face and some with Boondox's face paint carved because it's creepy. I've also got to get ahold of some fake moss and leaves. Can't use real leaves because I'm in florida and we really don't have pretty autumn leaves like up north.

I'm also thinking of putting a rocking chair outside with a dummy in it.

The music selection for the evening will be mostly Boondox with some Twiztid and classic halloween songs and sound effects. Some of which include:

Boondox - Straight out the Crops
Boondox - Lady in the Jaguar (Hilarious song)
Boondox - Red Mist
Boondox - Lake of fire
Boondox - Seven
Boondox - They Pray with Snakes (Remix)
Boondox - Torn Posession
Boondox - My Van
Boondox - Death of a Hater (Not a halloween song but I think I'll get killed if I don't play it)
Boondox - Sippin (An absolute MUST. I'm pretty much basing the whole ideas around this song)
Boondox - It aint a Thang
Boondox - Outlaw
Boondox - The Path I walk
Boondox - Heathen
Boondox - Country Life
Twiztid - Green Pumpkins
Twiztid - High on Halloween
Twiztid - Waited Til Halloween
Twiztid - Hom Sha Bom
Twiztid - Wish I could Kill Every Day (Edited by myself to capture the creepy part)
Twiztid - Kill with Us
Twiztid - HaHaHaHaHa
Twiztid - KrossRoads INN
Twiztid - Wake Up
Twiztid - It's a Juggalo Party
Twiztid - Toxic Terror
Twiztid - The Sickness
Twiztid - Zombie
Twiztid - My addiction
Twiztid - Transformation of a New Civilization
Twiztid - We Don't Die
House of Krazees - Sounds of Halloween
Insane Clown Posse - Sleepwalker
Insane Clown Posse - Dead Pumpkins
Insane Clown Posse - Mr Rotton Treats
Insane Clown Posse - Wicked Helloween
Insane Clown Posse - Every Halloween
Insane Clown Posse - Halloween on Military Street
Insane Clown Posse - Boogey Woogy Woo
Dark Lotus - Heinous

Feel free to youtube any of these. The Sippin song is the most important for the party

"Sippin on down
Sippin around
Tippin up another cupa
Sippin on down

12 gauge double barrel
Loaded full of buckshot
Brewin up that mountain dew
It boilin like a crockpot
Deep out in these southern woods and
Far away from evrything
Out amongest the tombstones
Cookin up that hurracain
Take a sip for testin then'
Pour a littlie on the ground
Soak up in that goregia clay
And now I'm waitin for the sound
150 year burried deep in the earths grip
Soon there gonna dancein
When that cool water hits there lips
Made from the mill
Out a field cursed by Hoodooo
Water from a well
Striaght outta hell
Cursed by Voodoo
Stir it up cook it to the point that it evaporates
173 degrees born again
The dead awake"

The Bathroom is going to be the Coup De Gras. I'm going to make it so gross and scary no one will want to go in there. I read all the ideas others had in the Bathroom thread. I'm lining the bathtub with a black garbage bag to protect against staining, then pouring fake blood and water over top. Fake leaves and snakes will be put inside and black wet hair will be draped over the side. I'll try to make some "chunks" to put in the water too, like someone was disolving a body in the tub. The lights will either be flicker, red or black. Flies will be pasted EVERYWHERE and maggots will be on every surface. Under the sink I'll hide a sound clip of buzzing flies so it'll feel like they're buzzing around. This is also reminescent of the Twiztid song "HaHaHaHa"

"Bloody Bodies in the bathtub
for over two whole weeks
and the smell is deadly
pieces of their flesh fall
from off the bone
and float along
the top of the water like confetti"

I'm going to be hanging a garbage bag with one of those balls that move in it either above the tub or somewhere in the living room, so it'll be like something's in the bag.

For entertainment, I'm thinking about watching some Are You Afraid of the Dark reruns, Halloween (the original) Hatchet, Born Twiztid (The behind the scenes parody of Twiztid) and the Purple Show (If I can order it from hatchet Gear on time.)

I'm still working on invitations. I'm thinking moonshine jugs....or paper in the shape of moonshine jugs.

And I'm still working on designs for my costume. I have some ideas saved in my photobucket along with other inspiration pics and Boondox's face paint for ideas.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Halloween ideas pictures by DespairsAi - Photobucket

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Check out my albums from last year's party... The outhouse was the HIT of the night... once the TOTers figured out what it was anyway! We couldn't quite get the wiper motor to work on the outhouse door, but even with it just propped open, the GID Bucky holding the corn cob was hilarious.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the idea of an outhouse, unfortunately I have absolutely no room for one...

I will be naming the bathroom the outhouse though, so thank you halloweenscreamqueen for that idea!

I'm looking for stuff a LOT darker though. I love how your hillbilly theme was a play on the beverly hillbillies, but I'm looking for the texas chainsaw massacre type hillbillies. Plus zombies and other decaying bodies.

Oooo but I just remembered that I have to get "1001 maniacs" on dvd to play. That's an awesome hillbilly horror flick starring the infamous Robert Englund.

·
Registered
369 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol I know we're so warped aren't we?

Added to my list of songs/movies:
Pumpkinhead (How could I have forgotton about this gem?)
Boondox - Punkinhead
Boondox - Resurrection

I'm also editing a lot of my own music to fit my needs. Got lots of chops using pre-existing sounds from my vast collection of Halloween horror sounds and soundtracks, and I'm mixing them together with some clips from other songs. Working on one now using the beginning of "Cage" by Dir En Grey.

I'd like to post the finished products, but I don't know if that would be okay?

·
Shadow box dancer
1,394 Posts
Is your party on Halloween night?

We didn't have a party last year, but a lot of family and friends showed up to check out our yard haunt. Thank goodness to some forethought on my moms behalf she had made a crock pot full of pulled pork. She also had rolls, coleslaw, french fries and stuff like that. It worked out great because everyone could help themselves and I could be outside enjoying the fun. So I definitely am in favor of the laid out food idea so that you can enjoy the fun as well.

Sounds like a great party you got planned. I am stealing some of your music ideas for my LOR show. :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is your party on Halloween night?

We didn't have a party last year, but a lot of family and friends showed up to check out our yard haunt. Thank goodness to some forethought on my moms behalf she had made a crock pot full of pulled pork. She also had rolls, coleslaw, french fries and stuff like that. It worked out great because everyone could help themselves and I could be outside enjoying the fun. So I definitely am in favor of the laid out food idea so that you can enjoy the fun as well.

Sounds like a great party you got planned. I am stealing some of your music ideas for my LOR show. :)
Probably not going to be ON Halloween because I'm pretty superstitious about going Trick or Treating on Halloween. I'm thinking of having the party earlier in the month. This is also assuming that my best friend Hannah doesn't drag me to Detroit on Halloween for Hallowicked (a HUGE HUUUUUUUGE Halloween concert involving Insane Clown Posse and Twiztid.) I'm a little terrorfied of the idea of being in Detroit on Halloween o_O

lol It makes me happy actually if I've inspired anyone. Just make sure you hear the songs first because they're very graphic and may not be okay for kids to listen. What's the LOR show though?

·
Shadow box dancer
1,394 Posts
Probably not going to be ON Halloween because I'm pretty superstitious about going Trick or Treating on Halloween. I'm thinking of having the party earlier in the month. This is also assuming that my best friend Hannah doesn't drag me to Detroit on Halloween for Hallowicked (a HUGE HUUUUUUUGE Halloween concert involving Insane Clown Posse and Twiztid.) I'm a little terrorfied of the idea of being in Detroit on Halloween o_O

lol It makes me happy actually if I've inspired anyone. Just make sure you hear the songs first because they're very graphic and may not be okay for kids to listen. What's the LOR show though?
LOR is the thing that those crazy people have that make Christmas lights dance to music. :)

Most of the songs I listened to I didn't think were too graphic. But, I have Du Hast by Ramstein as one of my songs for my light show. ;) If they only knew what it means in English.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOR is the thing that those crazy people have that make Christmas lights dance to music. :)

Most of the songs I listened to I didn't think were too graphic. But, I have Du Hast by Ramstein as one of my songs for my light show. ;) If they only knew what it means in English.
oh okay. I'd definately like to see that when it's done!

Party Update: Got Hannah more and more involved in the party and now she's starting to want the party more than wanting to go to Hallowicked. We're talking about doing the party at her place instead of mine because her place is out in the middle of nowhere and we could play more games like manhunt and I could decorate the outdoors more effeciently. Thinking of hanging bodies in the trees along with those wonderful spider sacs I saw on someone's bathroom display.

Also I need advice on if it would be okay to have food outside for a long time? I was thinking of having everything outside buffet style but I'm not sure if it'd be okay in this Florida heat. I have some jello stuff that might melt, and I don't want to make anyone sick either.

I'm going to be taking pics of both houses soon so I can plan this out better. Oh and I'm constantly updating the music list but I'm gonna stop posting about it because I'm already up to 457 tracks including songs and horror soundbites. I kind of collect horror music.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,394 Posts
oh okay. I'd definately like to see that when it's done!

Party Update: Got Hannah more and more involved in the party and now she's starting to want the party more than wanting to go to Hallowicked. We're talking about doing the party at her place instead of mine because her place is out in the middle of nowhere and we could play more games like manhunt and I could decorate the outdoors more effeciently. Thinking of hanging bodies in the trees along with those wonderful spider sacs I saw on someone's bathroom display.

Also I need advice on if it would be okay to have food outside for a long time? I was thinking of having everything outside buffet style but I'm not sure if it'd be okay in this Florida heat. I have some jello stuff that might melt, and I don't want to make anyone sick either.

I'm going to be taking pics of both houses soon so I can plan this out better. Oh and I'm constantly updating the music list but I'm gonna stop posting about it because I'm already up to 457 tracks including songs and horror soundbites. I kind of collect horror music.
You have got to kidding me. Too hot!?!? It is so cold here at Halloween that you can't rub it in that you are hot on Halloween. :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I'd actually wish for a cold Halloween. It's always so hot here. Very rarely do we get a chilly Halloween. Usually it's hot and humid...and sometimes rains which isn't that bad either....nice thunder and lightning. Like Jamie Madrox says in a song: "I love it when it rains every Halloween my nose runnin like a faucet while I'm steady tryin to trick or treat."

btw here's the finished concept design for my costume this year. I'm thinking of using these contacts or some glow in the dark yellow ones...haven't decided. A Tisket a Tasket... by ~NightmareJuggalette on deviantART

·
Registered
94 Posts
I did a Hellbilly theme last year. Ours ended up a little more on the comedy side though. If you can find any way to do an outhouse, it's a must. I also made a couple of hillbilly heads (think The Hills Have eyes, kinda) and had one of em pickin a leg bone necked banjo. I got my hands on a bunch of rock type country music to play. Barnyard Ballers are pretty good and fairly raunchy and Hank III is pretty good as well. Love your bathroom idea. For invatations, I printed up my little bit on paper and then glued em onto Pabst cans. My guests loved em.

Just a couple of ideas of what we did.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh I love your Pabst idea! Were they full cans so your guests could have a free beer? Although....I actually haven't seen Pabst in my part of Florida. I always see it when I go to concerts in towns over, but never in my own town. Really I have to take into account what I'll be able to get after the Gathering. That's going to suck up the majority of my money for the time being, after that I should be straight.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Could you pack your food with ice packs? There are little plastic ones that won't make water seep into your food. You could put your food on the ice packs and then have back ups in the freezer and switch them out every few hours so your guests don't have the wrong tale of horror to tell about your party! LOL

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm thinking of clearing off the kitchen counter and lining it with food plus using a few tables to hold some too. Just to be on the safe side

However, this party is becoming more and more a battle between this and Hallowicked. I really REALLY REALLY do not want to go to Detroit on Halloween for the sheer craziness of it. But we're getting begged to go now. The terms are currently, if we can have a safe place ON stage, be allowed to have costumes and cameras, and have a way of getting from Florida to Detroit without breaking my bank, then okay.

So really, I'm planning my butt off for this party, but it's really getting put on hold until we find out if we're playing roadies for Hallowicked...

Thanks for all the advice! I hope I get to put it into effect instead of being trampled during an insane show!

·
Shadow box dancer
1,394 Posts
Why in the world would you CHOSE to go to Detroit in October instead of staying in Florida and have a big party with all your friends. Or maybe I am just loony.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why in the world would you CHOSE to go to Detroit in October instead of staying in Florida and have a big party with all your friends. Or maybe I am just loony.
Personally I'd love to stay in florida. However, Hallowicked really would be a once in a lifetime experience. Especially if I'm on stage. That would be so cool...But yeah you can see my dilemma

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am really excited about Halloween 2009! I am thinking of an alien theme this year- has anyone done this? Am obsessed with full size spaceship...nothing like thinking big! Ideas?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts