Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the years store bought props have broken and some things can be improvised and even improved upon. Do any of you know of sources of parts for Spirit Store animations? Also I have a butler with a raven on his shoulder. The butlers mouth motor is broken and I can't come up with a solution. It is not the same effect without mouth movement? Any suggestions? (It would be nice if there were so depot for broken props where useful parts could be harvested. If that exists will someone let me know?) Thanks! - Aaron

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Not sure how handy you are when it comes to "improving" store bought props but is there a way to connect a servo to operate the jaw of your Butler? If so, I have a great board specifically for that task and by using some type of audio player you can create your own personal phrases that will make your Butler a "custom" prop instead of the same one that hundreds of people own.
http://www.audioservocontroller.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am pretty handy "improving" store bought props but I am new to the servo world. I purchased a "Bucky" last year that contained servos controlled by a PicoTalk. It doesn't work as I expected it to. Your board might work better. I will have to get the butler out and see if your suggestion would work. Without looking I would feel that to be a workable solution. Do you have a suggestion on where to find just the servo? If you are familiar with the prop that I have would your board work with the other animations of the prop?

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I like to use Hitec HS-425BB servos for jaw movement, you can find them at any local Hobby Supply or on ebay for about $15. As far as my board controlling other movements on your Butler, it won't, just the jaw. Shoot me an email if you want more info: [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
J-Man
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing