Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend has been insisting I match her costume, as she as Medusa. However, I have absolutely no clue how to. I tried maybe being Poseidon, but that didn't quite work as they're not in the same story, and nobody would know who i am anyway. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well, Perseus killed Medusa

Greek warrior dude. Be as simple as a toga type thing with a winged helmet and winged shoes. Carrying a bloody sword. Just a thought. (Perseus is usually depicted naked with a cape/toga thrown over his shoulder, but you probably don't want to go there.)

·
Registered
348 Posts
You could go as one of the other Gods or maybe you could go as Roman/Greek soldier turned to stone (Just get a normal Roman/Greek soldier costume, then spray paint everything gray. They do make some textured spray paint that resembles stone.).

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
Friends of mine did Medusa and the stone warrior a few years ago and it looked great! I would use caution with the textured spraypaint on your costume though. The flecks tend to flake off. I'd recommend going with black, gray and white spray paint and getting texture that way. then do the same with body makeup on your exposed skin.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The paint will only come off if you dont prep the surface with say a scotch brite pad or sand paper, any paint will do the same if the surface is not prepped. Throw on a layer of primer for extra protection after sanding then paint. My opion would be that the stone soldier is the only way to go to match her costume and I would like to see pictures if you try!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Go anywhere store usa and buy cheap, swords gladiator stuff is in big time and you wont have a problem finding anything.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you can't get the stone guy to work out, there's always a minotaur. Medusa & the minotaur are both monsters who were brought down by Greek heroes.

·
Registered
490 Posts
A few years back we were Medusa and the 'Man she turned Stone' and it was really easy.

White toga that we spray painted with the stone pebble finish (We used Krylon and American Accents spray paint.) Warrior Armor that we also spray painted with the stone spray paint. All of his exposed skin was painted with gray costume makeup and his hair was sprayed gray as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts