Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
My. Our, experiences with being in front of a camera for a Tv show are varied to say the least. My Dad would say:"From "Soup" to "NUTS!"
Just remember the people you see speaking into the camera are not always the ones responsible for the content because "film" can be Edited in many subtle and not so subtle ways to tell the "Story" coming from the Producer using the people actually talking and looking into the lens as mere props.
I have been told countless "Ghost Stories", coming from a great number of people,and most of them are not nearly as "Fantastic" as what gets put on TV.
How does that happen? Simple. The TV show has to be "Fantastic" to snag an audience/backers,sponsors,network..
Actual strange,or spooky stories as told from one person to the other needn't go extreme to boost any ratings or secure a job next week, do they? (Allowing "Truth" to prevail?)
I recently had a very enthusiastic TV Producer tell me that certain things can not be faked,which left me wondering if he is that simple, or does he hope I am that simple as to believe him? Of course he has not, as of yet, succeeded in "Selling' his show to anyone either.
Maybe he just has to find that one simple backer who also thinks things can't be faked?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My. Our, experiences with being in front of a camera for a Tv show are varied to say the least. My Dad would say:"From "Soup" to "NUTS!"
Just remember the people you see speaking into the camera are not always the ones responsible for the content because "film" can be Edited in many subtle and not so subtle ways to tell the "Story" coming from the Producer using the people actually talking and looking into the lens as mere props.
I have been told countless "Ghost Stories", coming from a great number of people,and most of them are not nearly as "Fantastic" as what gets put on TV.
How does that happen? Simple. The TV show has to be "Fantastic" to snag an audience/backers,sponsors,network..
Actual strange,or spooky stories as told from one person to the other needn't go extreme to boost any ratings or secure a job next week, do they? (Allowing "Truth" to prevail?)
I recently had a very enthusiastic TV Producer tell me that certain things can not be faked,which left me wondering if he is that simple, or does he hope I am that simple as to believe him? Of course he has not, as of yet, succeeded in "Selling' his show to anyone either.
Maybe he just has to find that one simple backer who also thinks things can't be faked?
I think these show producers are supposed to fact check and vet the participants but who knows

1 - 3 of 3 Posts