Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to add some big spider webs to our front porch where Oogie Boogie will soon be hanging out on Halloween. We attached small cup hooks to the front porch and ran the para-cord through the hooks.
My idea was to cut pieces of the cord and tie it at the ends but my husband came up with a better idea. He tied the frame into a knot then he tied a series of knots throughout the web so its just a couple of long pieces of cord that we can reuse or change the size and shape next year if we want.
Also because it was his idea he won the job of sitting on the ladder and tying the knots (well that and the fact he knows actual scout knots that work)

I'm super happy with the way they turned out. I also like the fact that this is a good sized prop that can be made for only about $10.

IMAG0797.jpg

IMAG0798.jpg

IMAG0800.jpg

·
Registered
854 Posts
nice job. same plan I tried a few years ago, but you had better success with it.
i have a suggestion you might try which worked for me: use the bright yellow cord that comes on a spool like kite string. light it with a black lite and it glows white and can be seen from quite a distance
HM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts