Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Bringing the Dead to Life
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anybody else has seen this, but I was just looking through an independent film website, and found this. I dont know why I never thought of this before, but it looks like they just took a 4th quality skeleton, wrapped it in tin foil, keeping in all the details they could, and covered it in papier mache, and added some cotton and latex. Here's the original site: Finale: The Independent Horror MovieTake a look at the pics:

Caption: For the heathen demon-worshipping climax, John and Ryan use old-fashioned ingenuity to construct one of many corpse-flats from paper-mache, latex, and cotton batting.

Caption: To manufacture light-weight festering corpses in bulk, we used anatomical skeletons for molds and tediously paper-mached over them.

Caption: Before and after.

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
Hey, thanks for the post! I've made tons of mache skulls but never thought to try doing the whole enchilada. I see some Bucky torsos in my future.

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
That has to be the coolest idea i've seen online so far.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Great. Simple, cheap and effective.

That "wall" looks good and would look awesome under the right lighting conditions.

I don't think "Bucky's" are available over here though.:(

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
I imagine any somewhat firm skelly should work, even a plastic Blucky. And you can fix the weird-looking Blucky face in the process.

I'm thinking full torso groundbreakers, or partially exposed bodies lying in the cemetery.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
That's exactly the kind of project I'm working on right now as a first paper machie project!...This is my first machie project so I'm hoping I find a quicker way....I'm using the plactic torso though (blucky)....I like how it's turning out so far....Here's some pics....4 pics total...You can use the right arrow above the pic to scroll through after you click the first pic or just click each link........ZR

Picasa Web Albums - Ted - Halloween Forum

·
Registered
232 Posts
this is so cool, thanks for posting. one thing though for me, i have never used paper machie before or know much about it. what is the best and easiest way to learn this art. i would love to try some of this but sadly do not know where to start

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Yeah, That's what I'm using....The $10 blucky job for the shape.....I wouldn't worry about never trying it....This is my first attempt...It's just time consuming......I just wrapped tin foil on the blucky front half and fit it real snug and then filled in with strips of paper machie....After it dried, I flipped it over,took the form off and just filled the inside with paper out of a shredder and laid large strips across the back to cover it in.....The skull was much more work.....Foiled it the same but the paper pieces was much smaller to keep the shape.....Stolloween says all paper machie glues work for the most part...I just put some Elmer's glue in a jar and some water and shook it up real good....Seems to hold so far....ZR

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Why not a blucky?those cheap $10.00 skellys for a mold since all you need is the shape?
I don't think we even have those..:( Never seen them..

we'll just have to improvise ;)
True...I just don't know how long I can keep convincing the authorities that I'm a keen gardner with an aversion to sunlight...;)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts