Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

This year we are going to stray away from our usual scary halloween themes and do a party based off of the movie "Avatar". My bf and I have some awesome airbrush body paint lined up to make us into the two main characters but i think the indor decor is going to be harder. We would like to make some giant trees and other flora from the movie and basically turn the inside of our house into a rainforest. Does anyone have any suggestions?

- We have a two story living room that goes up to a balcony so we could make one huge tree if someone can give me some guidance
- what about the walls and floors? I can't find any scene setter or anything jungle/rainforest like anywhere. Should i try to paint one myself? I'm not much of a painter
- Lastly, should we keep the outside with the Avatar theme too or just make it general halloween for all of the kiddies?

Can't wait for your great advice, thanks!

·
The Black Unicorn
1,348 Posts
Try to find some cardboard tubes and you can paint them, add Styrofoam ball in the top and get the large tropical leaves from the craft stores and insert in the top. I made some palms trees for a luau and wrapped the tubes in burlap and bought the leaves to add, or if your are real industrious you could cut them out of the large craft foam sheets and glue on wires. Big Lots had a selection of large leaves and you can use fern leaves also.. They maybe on sale beings they are putting out fall items. I found some tree scence stter at $ tree too. I made some tall and short trees. You can tape a few of the tubes together to make a bigger trunk. Here are a few pics.

·
Registered
221 Posts
im doing something very similar, im having a dark forest for my party theme this year. I am going to try take chickwire wrapped around those cardboard cement moldings and wrap them in monster mud then im going to experiment with some bark type additions, maybe take Great stuff rub it on with my hands and saw it flat, i havent tried but when i get to it and if it turns out ill let you know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts