Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I made my first paper mache halloween decorations, set them in the windowsill to dry and went to work. My husband calls and tells me he has bad news....one of our dogs ate/destroyed the paper mache. Animal lovers don't worry she was just fine, but there is a reason her nickname is Lucy-fur. Luckly all I was using in the mixture were flour and water and newspaper so nothing toxic. I'm always joking that when she dies I'll have her stuffed and put little wheels on her feet and a remote control inside...that day may come sooner rather than later. Anyone else have this problem? In all honesty I found it really funny, we keep a running tally of what she has destroyed.

2,442 Posts
I caught my cat dragging my prop intestines across the floor,also found her a few days later with a skeleton foot kicking it around the place. Then just caught my big fat male cat about to sit on my zombie ground breakers head..I'm telling you these pets we have are naughtier than kids.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My cat likes to chew on the stems of the paper mache pumpkins I made this year. I was working on a new one last weekend and when I walked away he went to chew on the one that still had wet paint. He got green paint all over his face and mouth. I was so freaked out by it and quickly read the lable on the paint. Thankfully non-toxic as well. Then it was just funny...black & white tuxedo cat with a green face looking like Tom Hanks did after trying the caviar in "Big"...tongue sticking out trying to get that taste out of his mouth. :p I took a wet paper towel to him and cleaned him up...i should have taken a picture.

His love of our large latex rat Floyd is a whole other subject....:D

2,442 Posts
My cat likes to chew on the stems of the paper mache pumpkins I made this year. I was working on a new one last weekend and when I walked away he went to chew on the one that still had wet paint. He got green paint all over his face and mouth. I was so freaked out by it and quickly read the lable on the paint. Thankfully non-toxic as well. Then it was just funny...black & white tuxedo cat with a green face looking like Tom Hanks did after trying the caviar in "Big"...tongue sticking out trying to get that taste out of his mouth. :p I took a wet paper towel to him and cleaned him up...i should have taken a picture.

His love of our large latex rat Floyd is a whole other subject....:D
lol bless him, with all that green paint around his mouth, he'd have looked like the exorcist kitty with traces of pea soup.

·
Registered
336 Posts
My dog loves eyeballs, ping pong eyeballs, bouncy balls. I guess my dog isn't the only goofy halloween pet around here!

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
My chihua could care less what I'm working on. He's just mad he's not in my lap. LOL

2,442 Posts
The cats decided to have a fight on my zombie tonight, I moved him in the garage as he seems to be getting balder.. so no doubt the cats will be coughing up larger than usual furballs in a couple of weeks.

Then I was sorting out some lollipops for the trick or treat bags, I do and the youngest kitty ran off with a lollipop in her mouth..lol ..she comes back then steals the bloody bag ties..I'm sure they love aggravating me when I'm busy....they do make me chuckle though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's good to know I'm not the only one with wierdo animals. I enjoyed hearing everyone elses experiences. Mine are in the process of guarding the bed against vampires...unless the vampires have treats.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts