Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hat is off to all who have done this. I looked up Stolloween's instructions, and thought " that looks easy enough". After filling my bag and shaping it, it still looked like a wal mart sack filled with newspaper except now it had tape all around it. So after ripping it apart, I decided to " really" follow his instructions and get some twine. Found some fishing line instead... It broke. Found some kite string... It broke. Found some twine and that worked. Also, I forgot to mention that I had help from a 12, 8, and 4 year old. They had fun. I was losing my mind a bit. But we came out with something that resembles a pumpkin... Sorta. Be sure to wash your hands about halfway through the project, otherwise you may need to use a scrub brush to get the paste off.

·
Registered
340 Posts
That sounds like so much fun...and so much frustration! lol, me and the family had a blast too with ours. We made our paper mache with carpenters glue so when we were done for the night we all had yellow fingers. Yellow fingers for a week. Yellow.
I'm glad you did it with the family, that really makes for some great memories.
Yellow.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,389 Posts
...I decided to " really" follow his instructions and get some twine. Found some fishing line instead... It broke. Found some kite string... It broke. Found some twine and that worked.
I will have you know, this made me bust up laughing.
If there were an "official" home haunters handbook, I'd vote for this to be the tagline.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
That's one of the real beauties of doing this "Hallowe'en thing". An excellent chance to create memories, and bond with the kids. I think that's important.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I finally got mine done but did anyone have a hard time going back to it each night for the second and third coats? BTW Trader Joe's bags worked great. Mine are like wood.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts