Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am feeling slightly behind here..miss seeing what everyone is up to! Our daughter's wedding was this past weekend, and it took all of my creativity and time, and happy to say it was a magical day! Now that it has happened, time to get into the spirit for the 10th annual halloween spooktacula!

My brain hurt trying to think of a new theme, and execute it the way I like....so I came up with a graveyard theme "unearthing the best of the past 10 years"....here are my ideas and reasoning behind it!
Able to use past years props that were hits!
enlarging some photos of some of the best costumes that were talked about in the past 10 years!
Graveyard theme - using the pvc people as gravediggers and building a pallet graveyard fence that we can burn at the end of the night in the bon-fire
Crypt dance area - with dj and fun lighting

anyone want to chime in....i need your help and creativity....
no games as there are 135 ppl generally!

Hope everyone has been having fun planning....i miss all the banter!
Mari
Marigold

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ugh I totally hear you and your ideas and invite are amazing! We just moved a few months back and are loving our new "Halloween venue" home but it has put us really behind- and our party is Oct 10!!! And we don't have over 100 people like you-wow! We usually have 60 to 70 but best of luck and can't wait to see pics!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I love the idea - how about having each person reuse an old costume that they loved in the past - perhaps their favourite costume they have put together over the past decade?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I fell like I've gotten a late start this year as well, but I feel like I say that every year!!! LOL.

Of course we work year round, but as far as my annual party goes, I feel like I don't have AS much to do. But I have more decorating BECAUSE, I decorate the apartment for my party, will decorate my office and then my boyfriend's house for giving out candy this year!

I'm slowly catching up though :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can get it done! I have less than a month til my first party (October 24th and a Carnevil theme!) I'm a single mom of 2 who works full time, and I'm feeling alittle crunched. This was my last weekend off before the party, and it's rained all weekend. BUT despite the rain, I managed to start (and hopefully will finish after a home depot trip) a pvc circus tent frame. But, its getting down to the wire and we can get it done!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts