Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else entering into panic mode? I have a list of things to finish and trying to figure out when I am going to get them done.

1) Finish new fence, repair old fence and add new rust details using the brutal rust I picked up
2) Finish new columns for new fence sections, takes at least a week between all the coats of paint I use plus finishing the building and skinning and do some repair on existing columns.
3) Re-engineer my animation mechanism for my clown in my toy box
4) Paint details on my children's blocks I made
5) Misc. other details and getting things upstairs from the basement

Impediments to the above - Life in general, back twinges I have been having and wife's upcoming surgery that I will be spending time taking car of her.

AHHHG!!:(

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Yes! I'm home for 2 months with my middle son while he recovers from surgery, but my 2 yr old is also home, because I couldn't afford to keep sending him to daycare while I'm not working. I really thought that they'd both be napping a lot more than they are, so I haven't been able to do nearly as much as I expected.

I also thought I'd be able to get out more (family coming to stay with the kids so I can do errands), so I could pick up the things that I need for projects. So far, it's not panning out like they said it would, either. I do get to go out every Saturday, and most Wednesdays--but not for very long either day. That's what irks me so much about stores not having all of their stuff out yet--I can only go out so infrequently, with such a small window of time each trip.

I also haven't been able to make a necessary out of town trip to Michaels, and we don't have a craft store here. Our Wal-mart's craft section stinks, and it's all we have here for crafts besides Dollar Tree (which also doesn't have what I need).

You have more to do than I do, but I'm panicking anyway!

·
They call me HeebieJeebie
1,998 Posts
I had a twinge of panic! I still need to make 80 feet of fencing! That's my major build this year. I need to break down & call the local (like right around the corner) wood recycling place and see if I can score some of the gazillions of pallets they have, then call Mom to borrow her truck for a few minutes.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I figure it'll work itself out. What gets done, gets done and what doesn't, just wasn't meant to be. Might just build a shed instead of props this year.

·
The Haunting Girl
864 Posts
I am no where near where I should be right now. I was so demotivated after Hurricane Sandy that I just couldn't bring myself to work on anything. I tried forcing myself a few times, but I just couldn't get myself to create anything. Now I have a pile of semi-carved foam tombstones to deal with and an unfinished fence project that was barely started. I can't have a cemetery without tombstones, so I bought some at the Dollar Stone and put out a call on my local Freecycle in hopes getting some filler stones so my yard isn't so empty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts