Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooooo, my wife and I bought a house tho past year, and I e always wanted to do a haunt on a grand scale. Well, I would have thought starting September first would have been just fine. Whoops. I just finished my columns!!!! I plan on headstones (which are started, NOT finished) a few inhabitants for the cemetery, and pvc fence sections. I'm in major panic mode now! And I have to make a headpiece for my costume, and make my wife's dress (were doing jack and Sally) ugh! So- lets hear from all of the last minute folks- how far behind are you!!!??? I can't be alone in this crowded room, right!!!???

·
Registered
623 Posts
Nope, definitely not alone. I started working on stuff in May but I didn't kick into high gear until late August. Our party is on the 26th and my wife is always asking me how much more do you have to build and are you going to be done in time. My answer is that I'll get done what I get done and if I don't finish everything then at least I'll have a head start on next year. So yeah, full on panic mode.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My wife played along for a few days. Then she kinda put a moratorium on taking time away from "us" until the 10th of oct!! So now, I'm in full swing- but it seems daunting. I'll get done all that I can and start earlier next year!!! (I'm thinking November 1st!!!!)

·
Registered
328 Posts
I just got done writing a late night post last night describing my panicked roller coaster for the past month and a half. So this is right in line with how I am feeling.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I always want to do more than I can possibly get done. At this point I have adopted a 5 year plan. I will build and work this theme up for the next 5 years. Then I will add on a new theme and do the same thing. The advantage is when I run out of time and money this year, I can be satisfied and enjoy it. In the past there were always things I wish I had done differently or better, or something mechanical failed. this year I know I have enough done to get the point across. I can fix or add from there.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Also in panic mode. Got the party next week. Still need to iron out sooo many things. We are ahead of last year building wise which is somewhat comforting.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I knew having a newborn and doing our haunt at the same time would be tricky but man I underestimated how busy I would be. Its my 3rd so you would think I would be smarter by now! lol

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Managed to cross ALL of the items off of my "to do" list yesterday! I also painted some pumpkins white and paint "boo" on them for my wife's indoor decorating-she loves her Pinterest projects, which he makes me do! image.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have lots of things started but i'm not really making progress on any of them. Fortunately none of it is really time consuming and I have a good amount of time off from both jobs so I should be able to make a lot of progress over the next two days. I have to practice with some make up, build a zombie prop, carve some pumpkins (3), and try making a giant pumpkin for a scare crow though the last one isn't really needed for this years setup. Going back and forth between both jobs has mostly left me feeling tired all of the time and put sleep at a premium. Actually just putting it down on this list has made me happy. It's not as much as my sleep deprived brain has been telling me.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pawn, I know how you feel! I have about ten headstones all in various stages of construction! Lol, but when I really take time and think about it, it's not so bad!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts