Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have GAD, but I do not get panic attacks often. I had one once, I think, in the dead of sleep. Woke up, could not breath and I checked my heart rate and it was 144. Backstory, I had heartrate troubles start up in my second pregnancy, I was hospitalized a few times bc of it. I had a,heart echo done and wore a golfer monitor but tests were fine and he said it was pregnancy induced tachycardia.

Last night, my heart was not racing, but I got an overwhelming feeling of nausea and my heart was hurting, chest kinda tight. I finally got the nausea to go away so I could try to sleep but I felt,tightness,still. I thought I was drifting off and all of a,sudden I felt like I could not breath for 3 seconds and then gasped for air

Does it sound like a panic attack? I haven't actually felt anxious.....that I know of. O checked my blood pressure,it was 95/64, which is avg for me, and my heart rate was actually lower than ever 70. (My avg hr is 90)

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
Panic attacks are not always associated with GAD, and some who have GAD never have an actual "panic attack". what you describe sounds like a panic episode but it sounds as though they are rather isolated and you don't have a lot of them, which is good. Some folks have multiple PA's a day. Do you take any meds for your anxiety? Just curious. IMO, I wouldn't worry too much about this episode, especially if you don't have any residual symptoms.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Panic attacks are not always associated with GAD, and some who have GAD never have an actual "panic attack". what you describe sounds like a panic episode but it sounds as though they are rather isolated and you don't have a lot of them, which is good. Some folks have multiple PA's a day. Do you take any meds for your anxiety? Just curious. IMO, I wouldn't worry too much about this episode, especially if you don't have any residual symptoms.
Currently I am not on medication. I took Paxil for 4 years during high school. And after I had my second daughter, I had a bought of post partem depression and she put me on Lexapro for that and my anxiety. I havent taken it since 2011 because it made me gain 30 pounds :(

I try, keyword, try to manage it myself. Some days are better than others.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
Currently I am not on medication. I took Paxil for 4 years during high school. And after I had my second daughter, I had a bought of post partem depression and she put me on Lexapro for that and my anxiety. I havent taken it since 2011 because it made me gain 30 pounds :(

Kudos to you. IME, many people rely specifically on meds to manage anxiety, where in reality, there are techniques they could employ to help themselves work through it. Good that you don't take Benzos for it and if you can work through it, you're ahead of the game.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Kudos to you. IME, many people rely specifically on meds to manage anxiety, where in reality, there are techniques they could employ to help themselves work through it. Good that you don't take Benzos for it and if you can work through it, you're ahead of the game.
I've just never been a fan of any medication. It makes me feel drugged, and with kids I can't feel that way 24/7. I found exercising helps a ton. It's hard living with depression/anxiety, but I think I deal pretty well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts