Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here and first attempt at a DIY haloween prop. I am really looking forward to doing this one and also going to try at a full sized MIB (i'll make another post for that). Hope this is in the right place if not can the mods move it please.

Ill post progression pics and im sure i'll also have some questions. Thanks everyone!

After stumbling onto this site looking for Halloween ideas for new house I have been watching so many vids lol. I was thinking now I need to make something and this Pandoras box seemed like a good one to start with while I tear down some old pallets for a full sized MIB. I had a small box already that I decided to use and I think I may try these LED strips I already have. I also have one of the tree monsters that I have in a tree by the front door. I love the idea but it doesnt go off unless you try too so its not that fun, it will be put to better use in this box :D I should get my parts tomorrow from amazon if they ship like they say they will.

Cant post pics yet...need a few more post

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks J-man...there is some REALLY cool stuff on here! Perfect for me...I have a blank slate and we decided to do a little each year. In the past its been nothing really cool like animated stuff. I am also using a few philips hue bulbs on my porch for some really good purple overall lighting.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I was looking at MIB vids on youtube and came across it I said yep thats first. Fast cheep and should be easy...good kinda instant gratification lol. I am not sure how im going to run the big MIB so this will scratch that itch. There are so many ways to run them..and im pretty new to all this. So while I build the pallet box ill research and probably ask those nobb kinda questions.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am guessing I can post pics now...lets see

The box I plan to use. I cut the hinge so it will look like its latched and locked but will still open.

The bush bests new home :cool:

And the lights I want to use. I'll have to cut off a LED to get them to fit. I have had these with no real use for a while...cool little set...has a remote so I can change color fade flash all that kinda stuff. Depending on what the batteries can take I may stick a strip on the underside too...I have 4 more strips. Anyone have an idea how I can tell? The package says 2 1' strips in max brightens consumes 10w. On amazon some of the reviews of the battery packs said they used them to power 2 1' strips for at least an hour non stop and still had juice left when they turned them off.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 9 of 9 Posts