Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finally with a little help from a photographer friend, here are the pics of the newly named Mourning Rose Manor. Some oldsters may recognize the crypt, etc. but I did add or change a few things, namely - the urns on the 3 of the pillars (shamelessly copied from Love Manor), 3 new tombstones, new pop-up pneumatic guy (see the youtube link), a black face on the ghost, the spider rig and egg sacs in the entry way and of course, the Mourning Rose Manor sign. The gravedigger and the rocking chair skelly both received wardrobe changes (love Granny's hat!!). I love the first pic, and even though it's not new - I had to put it first. I got really lucky with this pic, so I'm going to have it enlarged and put it in my entryway in my house - OHHH my baby! My poor kids, I know - they'll get over it! There are more pictures in my 2008 album on the link below. I hope you enjoy!!!

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

pandora, everything looks just WONDERFUL!!! That first photo is a one-in-a-million shot, isn't it??? You are so talented! Thanks so much for posting pics to inspire us all!!!

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Stunning! Absolutely stunning! Ohhhh what a great friend you have! Those pics are incredible!
And you are soooo very right to have the first one enlarged!
Great work!

MsM

·
Registered
238 Posts
Simply breathtaking. I've seen a few shots this year on the forum that have just really stood out as "best of the best". These are definitely on that mental list!

Out of curiosity, what are you using for lighting? Are those 100W floods, and if so, how many/how far from the props?

I ran into a snag this year, finding out the hard way that all of my external outlets are on the same circuit, and if you put more than 3 bulbs out of any combination of outlets, you trip the breaker...so I'm dying to get specs on other people's setups!

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Simply breathtaking. I've seen a few shots this year on the forum that have just really stood out as "best of the best". These are definitely on that mental list!

Out of curiosity, what are you using for lighting? Are those 100W floods, and if so, how many/how far from the props?

I ran into a snag this year, finding out the hard way that all of my external outlets are on the same circuit, and if you put more than 3 bulbs out of any combination of outlets, you trip the breaker...so I'm dying to get specs on other people's setups!

Thanks everyone for the compliments! I really appreciate hearing from my peers (crazy as they are - LOL).

BallstonManor - The lighting is all 100W floods. I believe there's 8 of them in the yard and one inside the groundbreaker coffin. I've never blown a breaker so far which surprises me every year, especially considering it all plugs into one main outlet for the whole yard, pneumatics, FCG, rocking chair and all. As for the distance of the lights, it depends on what you're lighting. Alot of it I try to light from the side, across 10-15 feet at a time. Otherwise one prop gets completely overlit. The gravedigger and granny are definitely lit closer because I want them to stand out more. I would definitely play around with it and change up the colors. Red is darker, whereas green and amber are much brighter. It took me 2 weeks to be happy with it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thanks for the info! Whatever you did, it looks FANTASTIC!

I've got two outlets on the front porch, two in the garage, and two on the back deck, and apparently they're all on the same circuit. When I tripped it, I ran to the breaker in the basement, and nothing had tripped! APPARENTLY it all routes through a ground fault outlet, and that's where I tripped it...I've been scratching my head for 24 hours.

So next year I'm stocking up on lead cords, and I'm plugging it into Pandora's outlets.

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And YAY!!!!! Finally we made the newspaper. I've been trying for about 7 years now and I guess they decided to relent and let us in!! It's not a full feature, but maybe next year - my foot's in the door now!!

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
congrats on the newspaper posting. Your set up is AMAZING. Makes me want to make a little cross country trip. Very well done.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts