Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my Bewitched Bash was Saturday the 18th and it was a smashing success. 26 women came (which was about 10 more than last year) and ate, drank and were Witchy! I had 5 prizes for: Most Divalicious, Best TV/Movie Witch, Best Overall, Most Creative and Most Creative Hat. For prizes, each got a certificate and a gift basket with some goodies in it.

In the dining room I served: Zucchini Spice Cake, Brownies, Witch Finger Cookies, Cocktail Meatballs, Salami/Cream Cheese wraps, Cheeses and crackers, Veggies with dip (in jack o'lantern carved bell peppers), and Bedeviled Eggs. In my den I had a chocolate fountain with: marshmellows, rice krispies, apples, strawberries, bananas, pretzels and pound cake. For drinks we had: rum punch, Poisoned Apple Martinis and Sangria (with loads of fruit). The food and drinks were all very successful!! I was worried because I baked/cooked it all this year (as opposed to buy more last year).

One of the best parts, though, was that my fellow forum friend Lauriebeast came to the party (see last pic of her and I together). Thank you again so much for coming Laurie! It really was special. Now my friends really know I'm not the only Halloween freak around. They were all absolutely astounded by her pictures of Vampiress Morbidia and Frankenstein's bride. She is truly a star!

Overall, I highly recommend all the ladies out there throwing a party like this. No men, no kids.....it is LOADS of fun - both to plan and have. If you'd like to see ALL of the pics please go to my 2008 Photobucket link and then click Bewitched Bash 2008 on the left. Thanks for looking!!

Pics:

·
Registered
490 Posts
WOW everyone looks wonderful - I've never seen so many witches in place at a time. The spread is "to die for." May I ask you where you found that amazing Posion Apple Martini Dispenser? Love it!

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
B Scary - I bought the beverage dispenser at Grandin Road (Grandin Road) - and FYI it's on sale now (of course). It really is more beautiful in person than in the pictures.

·
Sculptress of Scare
2,768 Posts
Yes everyone, it was a real blast. I had a wonderful time and ate and drank waaay too much. Pandora's home is beautiful and she has some amazing accessories inside. Her outside display is AWESOME! It was so nice to see it in person and now I'm inspired to get something of mine moving for next year in my display. Thank you again pandora!

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm, I just searched all over online & couldn't find a recipe. Do you have a recipe, or at least let me know what you use to mak them green. Thanks!
Halloween Princess - Sorry, the "bedeviled" part was my idea. They're just traditional deviled eggs with McCormick's green food coloring added. Plus I added the sliced olives for "eyeballs".

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
pandora: everything looked wonderful!!! I'm going to dye my witches fingers green next time, they look fabulous. How great that Lauriebeast got to be with you! What a lovely collection of witches you had, the outfits were splendid!! Thanks for sharing pics...and again, thanks for sharing the wonderful idea for the party!!

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Rikki I'm with you.......I'm jealous of these parties and to think that for 3 years now I have been fretting over not knowing anyone to have a xmas cookie exchange>>>>>for get that!!....I want a "Pandora Bewitched Party" for Halloween instead.

Man I just love that group photo & to have Mz. Lauriebeast there in person, creator of those magnificent masterpieces!!well how exciting is that!!

Congratulations to you & Hooch for making the rest of us want to find friends to invite to this type of party>>>>>>ok I'm going over to look at the photo's in the album>>>>I know they will be great! Pandora your food looked wonderful!! Love your categories for prizes!

Muf

PS OOOHHHHH the pictures are terrific!! Yea you took a lot of them....I love all their costumes & the hats are really something!! Those group photos are priceless, I just love them. As from last years photo's once again everyone looks like they had a great time!! Thank you for sharing the pictures with us. Now with Hooch having a "Bewitched Party" maybe this is gonna become the going thing in the party section!!! I love it!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Pandora your pics are wonderful - it looks like fabulous fun!!! Your spread of food looks delicious and how cool is it that you had a fellow forumer at your party? :D

I have to say, I am seriously thinking about doing one of these next year..... as long as I've moved house by then, and my girlfriends and I will have graduated and gone our separate ways - so a great excuse for a big girly witchy reunion - thank you for the inspiration :)

Also, when I saw that first pic, I looked at all the witches and when I got to the one at the far right, I thought "Wow that's such a good costume- she got the stoop perfected and everything... but why is she leaning on that stick?" Then I realised, of course, that it is a prop, not a party guest :eek: lol! (And that's WITH my glasses on!) :/

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you EVERYONE for the compliments. I highly recommend all the Halloween girls throw this kind of party. And if you don't know enough people, invite everyone you can think of, and then have each of them bring 1-2 friends. This year my mom brought 3 people, my best friend's mom brought her friend. Alot of people got so excited about my pics from 2007 that they asked to come or asked if they could invite people. Hopefully it will grow every year. I know the costumes and hats get better every year. Now everyone wants to beat everyone else for a prize which makes it more fun!

It really is the most fun I've had all year. And we all deserve it - hard working women, many of us mothers. The kids and the men get all the fun usually, and no offense to them - but I wanted my own fun with just the girls.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Fabulous pics Pan! Looks like everyone had a blast. Love that Poison Apple Martini Server:) You my dear also look fabulous. Love that hat girl. I am going to have to try and make that party one year:)

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fabulous pics Pan! Looks like everyone had a blast. Love that Poison Apple Martini Server:) You my dear also look fabulous. Love that hat girl. I am going to have to try and make that party one year:)
Consider your seat reserved!

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,528 Posts
Pan, I said it in chat the other night, but it bears repeating.... That pic is AWESOME! Something about it is very impressive... all the ladies in a single pic! And not in any kind of sick way. :rolleyes: It just strikes me as very cool! And very neat that you got to meat the Queen of prop building herself. ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts