Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do listen to the Halloween Radio here, but I also listen to a Halloween station on Pandora. But what happened?! Before Halloween of this year, my station consisted solely of old school Halloween jams (Monster Mash, Flying Purple People Eater, Thriller, etc.). Since this Halloween, all that comes on are songs by artists today that don't even remotely have to do with Halloween; Pandora just puts them on the station because maybe the title has the word "ghost" in it or something. Does anyone know what's up with this?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've always been a slacker fan more then Pandora fan for this along with other reasons I wish slacker come with everything instead of Pandora

·
Registered
178 Posts
I thought it was just me! I don't hear any of the songs I like anymore. Its terrible.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I haven't really used Pandora in ages because their algorithm hasn't worked in years. I used to use it solely as a new music discovery service - punch in a song I like and it played similar sounding stuff. Now it seems to work strictly off whatever genre tag is on the song. And as everyone else has mentioned, they interject too much mainstream garbage into carefully curated lists. I'm sure this has a lot to do with record labels forcing such restrictions on them in order to get permission to use their artists.

These days I rely on the blogosphere to discover new music.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts