Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang,

I didn't see this anywhere in the Forum site, so, I'm hopefully not restating the obvious.

I have found the wood from palletts (usually shipped with sod or large, heavy items) makes great products for us Propaholics. It's perfect because it usually looks aged, is easy to cut with any power saw, is very strong for being as thin as it is, and is "readily" available around town for "free" (hey, I am not condoning thievery).

I made our Creature Crate (pic at my forum site) out of this stuff and it is very durable -- and heavy. It also could be used for fencing, outdoor window treatment (a.k.a. - Zombie barrier), book shelves, etc.

I will probably use more this year.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,406 Posts
I love pallets(actually I love anything free). I used pallets to make my crate as well.

I am currently scrounging more pallets to make a dog house for Wolf/Dog. But, I am having a hard time finding old worn pallets. Just nice new ones, but I am using those for firewood. :) I also am using the 2x4s from pallets as the frame for my pillars(which I wrap in styrafoam).

I would love to hear other ideas for pallets. I saw one guy that built a shack for his haunt using pallets and another that built a maze(my cousins used to do this just for fun, never thought about it for Halloween).

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Crate

I love pallets(actually I love anything free). I used pallets to make my crate as well.

YouTube - crate comp2

I am currently scrounging more pallets to make a dog house for Wolf/Dog. But, I am having a hard time finding old worn pallets. Just nice new ones, but I am using those for firewood. :) I also am using the 2x4s from pallets as the frame for my pillars(which I wrap in styrafoam).

I would love to hear other ideas for pallets. I saw one guy that built a shack for his haunt using pallets and another that built a maze(my cousins used to do this just for fun, never thought about it for Halloween).
Great crate! I'll get video of mine this year!

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I screw things to pallets to hold them upright on pavement such as my big skulls...you can see the pallets on the bottom....

this year I plan on building some coffins out of pallets. Herman's project looks like a great one to make with some weathered pallets

Another good use for pallets is to screw things to them you want on your roof. The pallets are usually heavy enough that they won't blow away. All the reindeer in this pic are screwed to pallets and just sitting on the roof. Gravity rules, so make sure the pitch of your roof isn't too steep before setting something up there

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I screw things to pallets to hold them upright on pavement such as my big skulls...you can see the pallets on the bottom....

this year I plan on building some coffins out of pallets. Herman's project looks like a great one to make with some weathered pallets

Another good use for pallets is to screw things to them you want on your roof. The pallets are usually heavy enough that they won't blow away. All the reindeer in this pic are screwed to pallets and just sitting on the roof. Gravity rules, so make sure the pitch of your roof isn't too steep before setting something up there
Yup, if it got icy up there, you would really see those reindeer fly!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
Built a toe pincher last year out of one and have a partial toe pincher, ground breaker in work from another for this year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts