Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy the evil corn mask to make a dummy for next year but i can't seem to find and monster hands for the evil corn. In the picture off of Halloween Asylum it looks like to me that they just painted over another pair of gloves. So i plan on painting yellow on the green gloves. Whats the best way to paint over latex?

Evil Corn Hands.jpg Here is the mask and gloves

Green Evil Hands.jpg Here are the gloves

Tell me what you think but i think they just painted the green gloves. What is the best way to paint latex?

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,963 Posts
I'd imagine with latex paint with a top coat of some sort.

·
Registered
241 Posts
get you a pair of thick yellow latex cleaning gloves...clean them really, really well...use the standard tissue and latex technique...and paint them (remember use at least 3 complementary colors on all your props!), then seal them with a flexible sealer...

you can even attach nails...(make sure you use an adhesive that wont melt your gloves, for the nails)...do small patches with your tissue and latex, so as not to make your details too thick, it is usually best if your wearing the gloves or get someone else to wear them, while you do your tissue and latex (to help them hold shape while your working)

p.s. this technique has been used in films and TV shows for decades...you would be amazed at the results you can get with a little practice...good luck!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Clean them with 409 or similar product . Primer them first with a "wood " Latex Primer (brush on), once primed you can use any acrylic craft paint (brush or airbrush) to get the results you are looking for. Beware of using any "enamel primer or paint" though it will remain tacky for the rest of your life.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts