Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nephew made these for me on his 3D printer. I need unique ideas for painting them. Im not good at detailed paintinf but am good at spray painting. Please keep in mind that they will desingrate in water. Thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I’ve printed this same file as well, though scaled it down a bit for what I used them for. The person who built the file has multiple version of the hands and they were originally designed to hang on a wall. You can did the files on Thingaverse..

Depending on the material and layer thickness, I’d try to sand them first. Depending on the material used, I’d use a high build primer that’s plastic compatible to fill some of the surface defects and smooth them out. Then your top coat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve printed this same file as well, though scaled it down a bit for what I used them for. The person who built the file has multiple version of the hands and they were originally designed to hang on a wall. You can did the files on Thingaverse..

Depending on the material and layer thickness, I’d try to sand them first. Depending on the material used, I’d use a high build primer that’s plastic compatible to fill some of the surface defects and smooth them out. Then your top coat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks djjerme! I haven't done anything with them yet, but will keep this in mind when I finally do.
Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts