Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a sock mask, latex base and painted it with walmart craft paint. It's not staying on! What would you guys use and what would you put over that to protect it? Thank for the help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sock mask Is a customade to fit mask. Made from women pantyhose and latex. I have a great photo iny phone but don't know how to get it on here. I can email to u if u want to see it r put it up

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,537 Posts
Ah got it, so you need to know what paint will stick to the latex as the acrylics from Wal Mart aren't sticking. Got it. Not sure if I have an answer, because I would have thought the craft paint would work too.

Have you thought about adding some paint to the latex & painting a thin layer of latex over it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha! Great idea!! When I get to a computer I'll put some pics up, it's a werewolf and looks cool, I'll try touching it up with the latex mix

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have painted latex mask for a few years.I have never seen a pantyhose mask like your talking about.I know when painting latex mask if you put straight acrylics on it ,it will crack and flake of.I mix latex with acrylics and this bonds well to the latex and stays flexible.Even white latex house paint from from walmart can be used ....Just tint it with acrylics and thin with ammonia or a dab of water if needed...Good luck with your mask

1 - 8 of 8 Posts