Halloween Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently ordered from Paint & Powders.com.
They are a make up supply company and do feature a selection of FX make ups and trauma accessories for medical training and movie/films. While I am inexperienced in purchasing these items as far as cost and selection needs,
I can verify that this company is first rate when it comes to shipping and customer service.

I placed an order on Sunday night, on line and recieved notice on Thursday
that my product was at the post office with a $3.00 postage due.
My purchase totalled over $ 50.00 and qualified for free shipping.
I contacted the company by email on Thursday night.
This morning, Friday, Paint and Powder's customer service representative posted this reply:

Hi Sharon~
Thank you so much for your kind words about our company, I truly appreciate it! We pride ourselves on outstanding and prompt customer service and try very hard to resolve customer issues very quickly and to their satisfaction. We also work hard to do same day shipping on orders received before 3:00 EST. Truly, this is the first time this postage underage has ever happened to us so I am very curious as to why the post office is charging this extra postage.

Your order qualified for free shipping at the Standard Rate, however we chose to upgrade it to Priorty Shipping at no additional cost to you, which cost us $6.46. We always calculate exact weight, including tenths of an ounce, and round it up to the next ounce so the orders will always have an extra ounce based weight to ensure proper postage.

For your convenience, here is your Priority Mail tracking number on this order so you can verify if this package is the one in question:
420 32141 9101 1501 3471 1385 7327 12 I have also attached to this email as a pdf file the Post Office print out of the tracking of your order. The only other possible notion is that you might be in an area that the Post Office charges an extra fee to the customer for unusual location deliveries. However, I sent it to the address you provided in your order form, which was only a billing address. Unless a shipping address was indicated we automatically default to the billing address.

In any case, I am very sorry this has caused you the additional postage, and honestly this is a first for us (and very baffling!!) In good faith I am going to refund you $3.50 today (.50 extra to cover the postage for you to send us the written notice) and just wait for you to send the notice at your convenience. I also issued you a 20% discount on your next order, so you will need to use this code on checkout:
deleted the code given. (uppercase letters) You can send the notice to us at:

PaintandPowderstore.com
P.O. Box 223652
Chantilly, VA 20153

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance with this matter, or any other questions you may have about our products and service.

Best Regards~
Suzanne

Suzanne Patterson
Paint and Powder Store - Home
703-888-9414

1 - 1 of 1 Posts