Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've created a paper mache pumpkin and want it to look vintage. I'll be painting in a few days and was wondering how to go about making it look old. I've though about making a wash using brown acrylic paint, but not sure if that will give me the effect I'm looking for. I've also though of wood stain, but don't have any on hand.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
YouTube excellent videos on most painting and aging techniques,, Dry brushing, Stippling, antiquing , Go onto this website >>>>. TERRA GENESIS. It's a forum for making gaming projects for set prop buildings etc for war hammer and such miniature painting etc. there's lots of tutorials and painting etc. great bunch of people on there too. Look up make rust technique painting technique on YouTube too. Hope this helps a little. :)

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just trying to help buddy. ????
I hope I didn't offend you as that wasn't my intention at all. I do appreciate your input and your pumpkins look awesome! I've dry brushed my others to give them a creepy sinister look and just wanting to give this one an antique sitting-around-for-years look. So I guess I will just be starting with a layer of orange and maybe a slight wash or light dry brush on top of that. Wanting it to look like one of those old paper mache pumpkins from the 50s or so.

Thanks again and keep posting pictures of your creations. :D

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
Start with a brown base coat then do the orange over that.

There's also this that may help, it's how to turn Dollar Tree pumpkins into vintage looking pumpkins:

http://www.rookno17.com/2012/09/halloween-greetings-rhinestone-beagle.html

Mix a combination of orange, brown and yellow acrylic paints to achieve the desired vintage orange color.
I haven't tried it yet, I have one sitting in front of me ready to be mached so once I finish I'll post pics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts