Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I left for classes this morning. It was still dark, and I noticed a tombstone was showing alittle white. I figured I check it out when I got home. So I get home, and notice that the paint on the tops, and parts of the back and front of all my tombstones is coming off. We've had rain a few days this week, but I figured they were fine. They're all store bought, and as far as I know the foam tombstones you buy at the store are meant for the outdoors. I'm so mad, because now I have to either cover it up somehow, or just leave it, because I don't have the time to paint them, nor the talent. So I just wanted to vent and know if this has happened to anyone else. And any advice would also be appreciated.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Don't you have a creative friend who can paint it for you? Maybe there is a fellow haunter on this forum who lives near you and would be willing to help you out. I would, but I'm way too far!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,289 Posts
I've never had that happen before, especially wouldn't expect it from a store-bought one.

What about slapping some glue on the peeled paint part and sticking it back down? (waterproof of course ;) )

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Return them?...

·
Undead Handyman
556 Posts
My older store bought tombstones have the same problem as yours. Once it happens I hit them up with some exterior latex oops paint ($5/gallon) and move them to the back of the cemetary.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's easy and fun to paint. Check your hardware store for some mistints. Can usually get some good colours and good price. Start painting the backs 1st to get into it and good luck.

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
You have to seal them with lacure. We in Washinton get rain all fall and we have to seal the stones with outdoor stains and lacures to protect from rain. Water based paints used by folks in dryer climants don't stand up. those premade stones probaly were made in Califonia or Texas were they don't get much rain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts